What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 7

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right forum, if not, move me. Post upgrade, while opening videos in Facebook posts. At first, the videos just didn't play, or they would only play for a short period. Now, there is no volume. This wasn't occurring in iOS 6. Anyone know what the problem could be?

I'm going to be of no help, cause I can't replicate your issue. On my timeline, all videos play with sound. This includes videos on a page I manage.

Just wanted to acknowledge your issue and wish you luck. Sorry.

Marilyn

Bartholemew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm going to be of no help, cause I can't replicate your issue. On my timeline, all videos play with sound. This includes videos on a page I manage. Just wanted to acknowledge your issue and wish you luck. Sorry. Marilyn

That's ok. I just don't understand why it's doing this. I have done soft and hard resets. I am thinking about doing a factory reset. Thanks anyway.

Elizellen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you made sure the sound has not been switched off in "Settings"? From other messages I have read it seems some apps need it switching back to "on" to work again after the upgrade to 7

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's ok. I just don't understand why it's doing this. I have done soft and hard resets. I am thinking about doing a factory reset. Thanks anyway.

If you've updated rather than restored to iOS 7, if you have any issues, always try a fresh restore first. Since iOS 7 is considered a fairly heavy overhaul of the more "traditional" iOS, a lot of features/directories have been shifted and may or may not affect usage.

Bartholemew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you've updated rather than restored to iOS 7, if you have any issues, always try a fresh restore first. Since iOS 7 is considered a fairly heavy overhaul of the more "traditional" iOS, a lot of features/directories have been shifted and may or may not affect usage.

Did it. More than once. Even the factory reset isn't helping. I guess I'll try it with delete everything.

Bartholemew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you made sure the sound has not been switched off in "Settings"? From other messages I have read it seems some apps need it switching back to "on" to work again after the upgrade to 7

The sound works. The only time it's a problem is when I try to play video from a FB post. Both video and audio become a problem at this point.

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Since the upgrade I can't use the calendar. I click + enter my appt then click done. Nothing appears! Any solution?

Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

dihatten

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lizzieh: if a reboot of your iPad does not correct it, you should connect the iPad to iTunes, perform a data backup, then do a total restore to wipe everything off your iPad, returning it to factory defaults. Then restore the data. A bit of a hassle I grant you, but when you have problems with the standard apps, it's the only way.

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That sounds drastic. The silly thing is, I know the data is in the calendar because it comes up, when due, in the notification centre. It just doesn't appear physically on the calendar.

Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That sounds drastic. The silly thing is, I know the data is in the calendar because it comes up, when due, in the notification centre. It just doesn't appear physically on the calendar. Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF
Reset your iPad:
Press and hold Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears.

Bartholemew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried deleting your facebook app then reinstalling it in case it has got corrupted?

Yes. And now, after a factory reset and reloading as a new iPad, then bringing FB in as a new app, it still doesn't work. I'm sure it's not iOS 7, since it was working fine before the upgrade.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For airplay, swipe up from the bottom with one finger (or at least I use just one) to get control center. In control center you will see air play at the bottom, choose your Apple TV. I have 2 and both show up and I simply choose which to use. Very quick and I use it several times a day. l find control center and closing apps with a flick to be two of my favorite things in IOS7.

Most reactions

Latest posts