What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 7

Wayneb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To me the new GUI looks like something from the early 90's, many of the apps have hard to read dialogs and layouts that look like they stopped working on before the were finished making them.

From looking around the web it seems to me that many people like the new GUI, I will now look into other options before buying another tablet. I really like my iPad but they are not the only game in town anymore.

PhantomTempest

iPF Noob
Reaction score
...how does all this (I mean ios7) play out with jailbreak and all. Do I just download, run and it works??? Ay help on this b4 I download.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
...how does all this (I mean ios7) play out with jailbreak and all. Do I just download, run and it works??? Ay help on this b4 I download.

If you are talking about giving up your jail break and upgrading to iOS 7, then yes, just plug the iPad into your iTunes, press The Upgrade button and let iTunes do it's magic.

Just make a backup first so you can use it to put the iPad back the way you had it (except, of course, it'll be on iOS 7 ... and not jail broken).

Good luck.

Marilyn

dihatten

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wayneb: I've found that on my iPad 3 it is easier to bring up the Control Center (for quick access to the Airplay option) is I start the "swipe up" on the bezel itself. Same for the "swipe left" or "swipe right" in Safari to view previous web pages.

Wayneb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wayneb: I've found that on my iPad 3 it is easier to bring up the Control Center (for quick access to the Airplay option) is I start the "swipe up" on the bezel itself. Same for the "swipe left" or "swipe right" in Safari to view previous web pages.

I can't do that with my iPad in its case, the bezel is covered up. I don't want to remove the iPad from its case, I bought it to protect it from drops or spills. I don't want to post a link but the case I have is the Griffin Survivor, it is a hard plastic shell with a rubber cover that makes it much easier to hold on to. I have problems with my hands and iPads are very slippery..

OP
F

fogey0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too think that in some area's iOS7 is not so good as the previous iOS6.13, none of us are the same, we have different likes and dislikes, especially so with colour schemes, so it is hard to please everyone, but the new colour scheme on iOS7 IMHO is very poor and unattractive.

I found text on some things like video and film titles no longer show up, because some silly clown has not grasped the fact that white text on a white background does'nt show up well, it becomes invisible...lol Some have said they found it faster, but sadly that was not my experience, lag was noticable in a few area's including keyboard input, which was never noticable on the previous OS.

I did try it for 2 days, but decided to return my iPad3 back to 6.13 which although it lacks a few of the iOS7 functions which TBH I wont miss, at least it looks a damm sight better, and no lag at all. Everything just works beautifully again, so I shall be making sure the new firmware has been sorted out before I ever consider upgrading again. ( sorry about readability, but for some reason my return key does nothing on this site, ok everywhere else). Edited: Must be a character set issue on PC I/Explorer as the return key works on iPad.

How were you able to switch back?

joyceg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since updating I can't change my clock..does anyone know how to make changes to the clock? It is showing 2 hours before my time!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since updating I can't change my clock..does anyone know how to make changes to the clock? It is showing 2 hours before my time!
Go to Settings - General - Date & Time. Make sure the right time zone is chosen there.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Settings - Privacy - Location Services - System Services - Setting Time Zone is turned on? When your iPad is showing the right time, you can turn it off again.

joyceg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to Settings - General - Date & Time. Make sure the right time zone is chosen there.

Thank you so much..I also had to turn off automatically set time & put in my time zone...how do you like the new format? Before when playing words with friends I could turn my IPad horizontally & see everything better now I can only have it vertically. Do you know what I can do about this?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you so much..I also had to turn off automatically set time & put in my time zone...how do you like the new format? Before when playing words with friends I could turn my IPad horizontally & see everything better now I can only have it vertically. Do you know what I can do about this?
Glad to help.

That seems to be an issue with the app itself. There are a few members reporting the same issue. Obviously the app needs an update.

I had no problems with iOS 7 so far.

L

Lunar

I am now constantly having to suffer the popup message about the update. Can anyone advise if this will always continue or will it drop dead if cancelled enough?

I've reverted back to iOS 6.1.3 and though the Settings icon is now accompanied with a red number 1 showing, I don't get any pop up reminders for the update.

You should be able to prevent the popup by disabling it under 'Notifications'

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions