What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ios 7?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The update fails when I install it while my iPad is charging. Meh I have 90% Battery left anyways. And maybe just 5-10% will be consumed overnight. So I will wait it out until morning. If it failed overnight I swear to god...............

If your internet connection is that slow, you may want to wait until the update is available using a computer and iTunes. That has always been the more reliable way. Computers seem to handle slow internet connections better.

OP
anmanwar

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Update complete! Took about an hour for me in Michigan. Looks nice. I'm getting some delay typing. Anyone else?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Update complete! Took about an hour for me in Michigan. Looks nice. I'm getting some delay typing. Anyone else?

Try restarting the iPad. I always notice minor stuff until I do the first restart. My setup seemed a bit laggy, but it's been fine since the restart.

OP
anmanwar

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try restarting the iPad. I always notice minor stuff until I do the first restart. My setup seemed a bit laggy, but it's been fine since the restart.

Ok good idea. Also do you know how to cancel the pass code? I don't want to have to enter a code each time I turn it on. I didn't realize that's what it was for! I thought it was a pass code to prevent anyone from turning off "find my iPad"

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can turn the passcode off in Settings > General > Passcode Lock > Turn Passcode Off. You'll have to enter your passcode twice along the way; just to be certain you're certain I suspect. ;)

OP
anmanwar

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can turn the passcode off in Settings > General > Passcode Lock > Turn Passcode Off. You'll have to enter your passcode twice along the way; just to be certain you're certain I suspect. ;)

Thank you!! It's easy enough to turn it back on at a later date if needed.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok good idea. Also do you know how to cancel the pass code? I don't want to have to enter a code each time I turn it on. I didn't realize that's what it was for! I thought it was a pass code to prevent anyone from turning off "find my iPad"

The pass code lock has nothing to do with turning off find my iPhone. To turn off find my iPhone you need to input your Apple ID and password. The same is required to erase all content and settings.

OP
anmanwar

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The pass code lock has nothing to do with turning off find my iPhone. To turn off find my iPhone you need to input your Apple ID and password. The same is required to erase all content and settings.

I'm ok with find my iPad function, I just didn't want to enter a pass code every time I use my iPad. It's just a little quicker & besides I keep it at home all the time anyways.
Thanks!

OP
anmanwar

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Another question....where are the "bookmarks" on safari? I had a lot of sites saved but don't see? Thanks!

QueenPendragon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why is it saying my software is up to date with ios 6? I had to make room and did but the update isnt there now. It's an ipad 2.

Last edited:

YoloSwag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually no I have a pretty good internet connection. But I was in my room so the connection is not that good. But now my iPad is updating it with 3 hours remaining. Thats the least amount of time it took to update my iPad to iOS 7. I will have to see later when I come from school. If it does not update again, I don't know what I will do.

Most reactions

Latest posts