What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 7: What Do You Want?

What do you want in iOS 7?

• Removal of skeuomorphism

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Maps app overhaul

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Revamped mail app - incorporation of "Mailbox" app

• More powerful/accurate Siri

• Changing app defaults (eg. Chrome instead of Safari)

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Hiding Apple apps without 3rd party workarounds

• iPF integration?????

• Other (in comments)

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Greetings iPadians,

I would like your opinion as to what should be included in iOS 7, the next version of Apple's mobile operating system.

Please click the option in the poll that corresponds to your response. The poll will close on December 1st of this year, due to speculation that iOS 7 may be released as soon as September but may slip into later fall.

Regards.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've moved your thread to the new iOS 7 Pre-release discussions forum, where it will receive more attention.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll play. I would like to see some of the better JB tweaks such as the ability to mess with the springboard fonts etc. and let's have a decent icon for Newsstand.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm simple. I want to see an integrated YouTube client just like iOS 5 had. I also like the basic layout. After that put some sparkle and shine on and dazzle us with something unexpected.

OP
goofy8275

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'll play. I would like to see some of the better JB tweaks such as the ability to mess with the springboard fonts etc. and let's have a decent icon for Newsstand.

Yeah. I rarely use the newsstand so I often have it hidden using an easy tweaking on the Cydia website. It doesn't help that the icon is ugly. I too would like to see more customization in the UI.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Cursor placement keys, kill all apps, somehow getting better sound direction out of the speaker but that's a physical change. Maybe easier printing or a truly universal printing app that works seamlessly with all printers out there.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maybe, because Microsoft doesn't seem inclined to provide a solution, native translation ability for Office applications that app developers can tap into giving more/better document integration between devices and the PC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would like to see Apple develop a set of APIs for third-party developers to get closer to the hardwre. For example, I want to see wifi signal strength...cellular signal strength...stuff like that. I want to see better internal pipes to let apps send files to other apps.

I would like to see something new in terms of icons...maybe a "live icon" or a super icon. These might take the same space as 2, 3, 4 icons and then have info piped to them, like a widget...of course, Apple would never call them widgets, so I'm not going to ask for that.

I expect apple to improve siri and maps, so I'm not going to ask for that. Ske-whatever is no biggie to me, though I would like the ability to re-skin built in apps....I would not mind the ability to change certain UI features...like how the JailBreakers can put their names up top....I get tired of seeing Verizon on my home screen....what's up with that, Apple? I want to use that space to have my name pop up. And give me the choice of three or four well-designed, Apple-approved system fonts.

And I would like options for other keyboards...even if they are all apple-supplied keyboards....it is possible to increase choice without opening up things to every tom, dick and jane.

Of course, I don't want iOS to become Android...and I don't expect apple to want to do that. These features must come without an increase in complexity in the interface...I'm convinced that complexity in gadgets is a productivity killer for most users (whether users want to admit it or not). Let Android, Samsung, MS, and the others have the complexity thing. Keep iOS simple so users can focus on other things.

Oh...and every apple device should be able to wifi bridge to another apple device. My phone and tablet should be able to ad-hoc network with the press of a button...and I should be able to move files between without things going up to the cloud some place.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A lot of what you want would result in ending or degrading the app sandboxing that makes it almost impossible for someone to write a virus targeted at iDevices.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A lot of what you want would result in ending or degrading the app sandboxing that makes it almost impossible for someone to write a virus targeted at iDevices.

That is why I have a hard time thinking of adds to iOS. I really like the way it works, keeping my phone safe, even if it is cumbersome.

Samana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What's skeuomorphism? If anything, I want my iPad to stop crashing on my favorite apps and Safari. Also, I want a faster keyboard when I'm on sites like answers informer and this one.

-Samana

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I'm not so sure about that....apps pipe things to other apps now. And if Apple wanted to, it could open the hardware up a bit more, in a controlled fashion, without making the iPad a virus target. Offering options of it's own keyboards is completely under Apple's control. And letting apple devices form ad-hoc networks need not expose the OS to hacking.

iOS must move forward as all other OSes do. It has to provide features that users feel should be there or risk being labeled as dated and behind. The only real question is how to do it.

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The ability to add more folders within folders and expanding the dock folder capacity.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm not so sure about that....apps pipe things to other apps now. And if Apple wanted to, it could open the hardware up a bit more, in a controlled fashion, without making the iPad a virus target. Offering options of it's own keyboards is completely under Apple's control. And letting apple devices form ad-hoc networks need not expose the OS to hacking.

iOS must move forward as all other OSes do. It has to provide features that users feel should be there or risk being labeled as dated and behind. The only real question is how to do it.

You do wonder if they have some wiggle room for opening things up just a little bit. If so, it would be nice to be able to do a few more things.

Most reactions

Latest posts