What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 7 Tomorrow On Not iPad Mini

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Edit: Looks like I spoke a bit too soon. The apps will only be offered free with the purchase of a new device. On initialization of the device the user will be asked if the want to download the apps. There is no indication at this time that the apps will go free in the App Store.

I'm really confused by this! Now, if I get an app on say my mini I then get it free on my other devices, so, if I buy a new iDevice and get those apps for free then surely they will appear on all my other devices?

I really am confused!!!

The Archangel

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm really confused by this! Now, if I get an app on say my mini I then get it free on my other devices, so, if I buy a new iDevice and get those apps for free then surely they will appear on all my other devices?

I really am confused!!!

The Archangel

Once you own an app, it is indeed available to download on any compatible device you have, provided it uses the same Apple ID for the App Store. So, if you already own all the apps mentioned, it's not going to make any difference at all.

I'm still seeing conflicting reports of 'new device only' and 'when you upgrade to iOS 7'. The Keynote seems to say the former. I don't know where the latter is coming from, other than the blogs I'm reading it in.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok, I've seen one article that said the iWorks plus iPhotos and iMovie apps will be offered free when you install iOS 7.

Probably not enough to convince the jailbreakers to jump the gun? ;)

P.S. I'm still not sure what's going on with this. A definitive/official answer doesn't seem to be available at this time.

I saw an article that said that too. I so hope it is correct though I can see why Apple might only make those apps available for new devices. Fingers crossed for Wednesday's update!

Most reactions

Latest posts