What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ios 7 slowed my ipad 2 down considerably

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As anyone else noticed this? Everything is so slow now. Is there anything I can do to improve my speed again? I have excellent wifi signal so it's not that.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
As anyone else noticed this? Everything is so slow now. Is there anything I can do to improve my speed again? I have excellent wifi signal so it's not that.
It's always a good idea to do reset of your iPad after any update. If you haven't tried this already....

Simultaneously hold down the On/Off and Home buttons until the screen blacks out. Keep holding both until the white Apple logo appears and then let both go. Then wait until your wallpaper appears. Restart your iPad.

Hopefully that may improve your iPad's performance.
Andrew

OP
anmanwar

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's always a good idea to do reset of your iPad after any update. If you haven't tried this already.... Simultaneously hold down the On/Off and Home buttons until the screen blacks out. Keep holding both until the white Apple logo appears and then let both go. Then wait until your wallpaper appears. Restart your iPad. Hopefully that may improve your iPad's performance. Andrew

I did that the day of the upgrade. Made no difference though

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I also updated my iPad 2 and haven't noticed a significant lag/slowness to it. I have routinely closed my apps and kept only a few safari tabs open. I've been doing this since ios 6.0 and it's been helpful. I have a 32 gob iPad with 8.2 gob storage left.

OP
anmanwar

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I also updated my iPad 2 and haven't noticed a significant lag/slowness to it. I have routinely closed my apps and kept only a few safari tabs open. I've been doing this since ios 6.0 and it's been helpful. I have a 32 gob iPad with 8.2 gob storage left.

I have 10GB left on my ipad2 and I close apps everytime I finish what I'm doing. I'm even noticing it takes websites longer to load on google. It's really frustrating!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have 10GB left on my ipad2 and I close apps everytime I finish what I'm doing. I'm even noticing it takes websites longer to load on google. It's really frustrating!

I use the Safari for my browser, but my search engine is assigned to google. Still I haven't had the slowness. I guess I will have to pay attention to see if I notice that myself, but so far it's been fine for me. I hope you get your iPad sorted. I do notice that some apps that haven't yet updated do have a tendency to lag/crash, but in time these apps will have some updates as well. It's just a matter off time where we will see more updates from the app developer end.

Good luck!

Most reactions

Latest posts