What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 7 Said to Integrate Siri and Maps With Your Car Dashboard

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Some people are too stupid not to tailgate, for instance. You see it every day -- they don't leave any buffer to respond if something goes wrong. That's why so many people run into the back of others' cars, including chain reaction pileups.

I agree. But then there are those that insist on driving in the faster lane and putzing along at a low speed which is equally as dangerous.

To me, the less opportunity for distractions, the better. More stuff in our cars to create distractions isn't the answer, IMO. The best are women applying makeup....I always get a kick out of that. I joked with one on a nice day with windows down at a light and said she looks naturally beautiful and shouldn't have to mess around with makeup. I got a dirty look and that's it. Oh well! :D

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree. But then there are those that insist on driving in the faster lane and putzing along at a low speed which is equally as dangerous.

To me, the less opportunity for distractions, the better. More stuff in our cars to create distractions isn't the answer, IMO. The best are women applying makeup....I always get a kick out of that. I joked with one on a nice day with windows down at a light and said she looks naturally beautiful and shouldn't have to mess around with makeup. I got a dirty look and that's it. Oh well! :D

Those fast-lane snails are morons, too. But it doesn't help to crowd a moron, lol.

It's crazy to see what some people try to do behind the wheel -- makeup included.

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The current estimate for self driving cars to be available is 2025. I'm hoping it will be sooner then I can be as distracted as I want. They are already on the road in several states but not available to the public.

Bobbi

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And some things are a matter of will, not money. That's why we don't have speed cut offs in cars, and no blocking built in to prevent electronics use while in a moving car. The tech exists, but the will doesn't.

No way will e-lec-tronics dampen the untaimed spirit of my wild beast. No sir (sorry, I mean ma'am). A 1960 Olds Super Eighty Eight with a 394 cubic-inch Rocket V8 and four-barrel carb needs to run and play and jump among the plastic bodied super polymer lesser auto-mobiles, yes sir, it does indeed. I mean ma'am.

What we need is heavy American steel, a huge dump for catalytic converters, fire breathing V-8 engines and 102 octane gasoline. And lots of 'em, too, by cracky. And drill baby drill!

And please bring back the 8-Track Tape and fuzzy dice. And drive-ins with car hops.

Just wait until I find a manifold to hold 8 one-barell carbs. I'll be hunted by many.

Seroiusly, I am amazed at the tech for auto-parking ones car and the GPS/Nav systems. I also remember the fear over airbags. They were something few wanted because they did not trust the tech.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The current estimate for self driving cars to be available is 2025. I'm hoping it will be sooner then I can be as distracted as I want. They are already on the road in several states but not available to the public.

Bobbi

will I be able to drink champaign in the limo?

Most reactions

Latest posts