What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 7 Question

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would think so, insofar as the iPad 2 hardware is capable. We are already missing Siri due to hardware constraints. There may be other new features that we won't get, but I'm sure the bare bones of iOS 7 will be available to us.

iLoner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No one can say for sure, I personally think that the iPad 2 is pretty much guaranteed to get the update. iPad 2 is still being sold officially as the entry-level iPad model, and Apple usually releases a version of the update for any device which is still being sold. iPad 2 is also just as powerful as the iPad mini, which WILL receive the full update. The iPad 2 won't receive all of the features it's more powerful successors will, though.

However, as iPad 2 will probably be dropped when iOS 8 is announced, I recommend jailbreaking your device at as late a stage as possible.

Last edited:

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hope it does but if not it doesn't mean I'm dumping old precious. Still working great and serving my needs so it stays. Hard to hold off forever though..... So hard to resist the need to feed on a new iOS..... ;)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've moved this to the iOS 7 Pre-Release Discussions.

Thanks,
Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple announced that the iPad 2 and higher will be getting iOS 7. Public release of iOS 7 is scheduled for this fall.

Most reactions

Latest posts