What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 7 on iPad 2

cdaamn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I decided not to upgrade my iPhone 4 as is supposed to be slower. Is the iPad 2 any good on iOS7? I don't really want to slow my device down by upgrading. I know you don't get all of the features but for the animations and other features is it running smoothly?

Thanks

cajuncritic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I upgraded my iPad mini, which is basically the same as a iPad 2, and it seems to be working okay, I like how you can now stream movies you own, but where are the movie posters?, and in the control center, no flashlight or calculator? Love iTunes Radio!

Last edited:

Tricia4925

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just updated to IOS7 but when I have opened camera there is no option to video, can anyone help?

cajuncritic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I upgraded my iPad mini, which is basically the same as a iPad 2, and it seems to be working okay, I like how you can now stream movies you own, but where are the movie posters?, and in the control center, no flashlight or calculator? Love iTunes Radio!
just rechecked update, movie posters are there, yea.

fb si

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go ahead and upgrade. My iPad2 runs better overall, including faster picture downloads in Safari. I mainly use mine to surf the web.

Ex_Brit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's great on iPAD 2, but no SiRi, alas, but we knew that already - I downloaded Evi to compensate for that a while back.

It takes a bit of getting used to and you may choose to decrease brightness a bit as there is so much "white", plus opt to bold text under Settings > General > Accessibility, but that was mainly for my bad eyesight.
If you consolidate lots of Apps into folders on the main screen you'll be glad to know that now you can pack a lot more into a folder than before.

bookdoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wifi is better and screen changes noticeably more quickly. Has a "cleaner" look which some may prefer. Overall, a worthwhile upgrade.

auntyj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've upgraded on my iPad 2, it isn't any slower. I HATE it! but it doesn't run any slower.

Dopplerup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, and when I double click on the home button to shut down the apps running in the background, I see the apps and the page they have open (a new feature I haven't seen before), but no matter what I do I can't seem to shut them down - they just open instead. Ideas?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just updated to IOS7 but when I have opened camera there is no option to video, can anyone help?

See if this helps.....

image-1886893565.jpg

image-2427701038.jpg

The Archangel

Dopplerup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, sorted the apps issue. Touch/hold the icon just opens the page/function without bringing up the red 'close' dot, but a multi finger sweep of the app to the top of the screen closes the app.

Most reactions

Latest posts