What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 7 lost my podcasts

katsura

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just upgraded to iOS7 on my ipad and all my podcasts and itunes U have vanished. Any thoughts please? There doesn't even seem to be an icon for podcasts in the music section as before.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have just upgraded to iOS7 on my ipad and all my podcasts and itunes U have vanished. Any thoughts please? There doesn't even seem to be an icon for podcasts in the music section as before.

With any system upgrade it's always a good idea to reset (reboot) your iPad: you won't lose any data or settings. Do this (apologies if you have already done so):
Simultaneously hold down the On/Off and Home buttons until the screen blacks out. Keep holding both until the Apple logo appears and then let both go. Then wait until your wallpaper appears. Restart your iPad.
Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Which iOS version did you upgrade from? Podcasts became a free standing app shortly before the introduction of iOS 6 in 2012. With iOS 5 and earlier it was part of the music app.

OP
K

katsura

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for help. Just tried reboot - no help sadly.
I must have been ios 5 cos the podcasts were all in with music (though I think I probably have upgraded to 6 at some point).
Unfortunately the Mac I sync to is still OS 10.5.8 and ios 7 won't sync so I can't get at iTunes any more.
Any other thoughts please?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for help. Just tried reboot - no help sadly. I must have been ios 5 cos the podcasts were all in with music (though I think I probably have upgraded to 6 at some point). Unfortunately the Mac I sync to is still OS 10.5.8 and ios 7 won't sync so I can't get at iTunes any more. Any other thoughts please?
Is your Mac capable of updating to the latest iTunes? You may also have to update to a newer version of OSX. It's possible that your podcasts are still in iTunes on your computer. Have you tried looking to check?

Most reactions

Latest posts