What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 7 is now available for download

teralpar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree it looks cheap and crappy. Apple used to be a stand alone look and now it's to much like all the other stuff. And everything is so bright even though I tried to adjust the brightness it's just to much white. Common Apple...this isn't good.

I agree. IMO it looks too generic. It no longer has a unique appearance, it looks just like all the other operating systems.

Kyle Johnson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I made the same mistake but under settings, you can turn that feature off.

Kyle Johnson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wound up doing my update on iTunes. Note to those of you who'd rather not have the 4-digit passcode, be careful to click the miniscule-fonted link to decline that option because if you don't & enter said passcode (I mistakenly thought it was for the phone's locator) you don't get to turn it off. I suppose I could try resetting the phone but not really dying to do that.

Made the same mistake but you can turn that feature off in settings.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wound up doing my update on iTunes. Note to those of you who'd rather not have the 4-digit passcode, be careful to click the miniscule-fonted link to decline that option because if you don't & enter said passcode (I mistakenly thought it was for the phone's locator) you don't get to turn it off. I suppose I could try resetting the phone but not really dying to do that.
You can indeed turn the passcode option off. Go to Settings>General>Passcode Lock. You can also choose between simple and more complex passwords. Here's a screenshot to illustrate the situation.

image-923247235.jpg

Sfussner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree it looks cheap and crappy. Apple used to be a stand alone look and now it's to much like all the other stuff. And everything is so bright even though I tried to adjust the brightness it's just to much white. Common Apple...this isn't good.

I hate it! The new format of Safari on the internet, including the search box gone! Also in my Yahoo mail the icons at the bottom of a message are cut in half, yes, I know I can page up to get them but I didn't have to do that before.

I have the iPad 2. Haven't tried all my other apps yet, but from what I've seen I don't expect to like it any better. Damn, wish there was an 'undo' button!

Borderboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We seem to have gained one thing and lost others.

Good news - auto fill in IOS6 never seemed to fill in Post Code. (UK). Just loaded IOS7 now it fills in postcode.

Bad news. Under IOS7 it loses the front zero of the telephone number!, eg: 890123456 instead of 01890123456

Also it doesn't complete a second telephone confirmation field of the number (if required) as it did with IOS6

I have a iPad4. IOS7 was an upgrade this morning

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Closing apps is one of the more straightforward things...once someone tells you!

Double click home button for multitasking, select app and swipe it up. Gone.

thank god for that, i was struggling and now i know how to do it. I down loaded the ios7 this morning on my ipad 3 and it took about 30 min to download and install. still getting used to it so wont down load on my iphone yet

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
Just got your email and did the upgrade on my ipad 4 but don't like the graphics change all the artwork had depth but now has none and although I've only had the upgrade a few minutes I can't see any advantage, can I change back to ios6.

totally agree, dont like the flat colours, and i miss the old slide to open, and slide to switch off digital buttons, now it looks like an andriod i have seen in some samsung demo in a shop. No thanks.

Sfussner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hate it! The new format of Safari on the internet, including the search box gone! Also in my Yahoo mail the icons at the bottom of a message are cut in half, yes, I know I can page up to get them but I didn't have to do that before.

I have the iPad 2. Haven't tried all my other apps yet, but from what I've seen I don't expect to like it any better. Damn, wish there was an 'undo' button!

Well, Thanks for the example, but I don't have that box, tried everything I could think of in the URL box but unable to access it. How do I get it on iPad 2? Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, Thanks for the example, but I don't have that box, tried everything I could think of in the URL box but unable to access it. How do I get it on iPad 2? Thanks

The URL box and Search box are no longer two separate things. Just type into the box. It will automatically detect whether you have entered a URL or search words and will act accordingly. This is now standard on most modern desktop browsers.

Sfussner

iPF Noob
Reaction score

The URL box and Search box are no longer two separate things. Just type into the box. It will automatically detect whether you have entered a URL or search words and will act accordingly. This is now standard on most modern desktop browsers.

Got it, thanks. Don't like the auto-fill function there, but I live, thanks again for the help, still hate the 'upgrade'.

Most reactions

Latest posts