What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 7 is now available for download

Kevinfj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have downloaded iOS7 but control center function will not work.....any ideas as to how to fix this ?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have downloaded iOS7 but control center function will not work.....any ideas as to how to fix this ?

To get to Control Center, swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen; just like Notification Center is accessed by swiping down from the top edge of the screen. If it's not working in the Lock Screen, go to Settings > Control Center. It can be turned ON/OFF for the Lock Screen and/or in apps. It should always work on the Home Screen.

By the way, if you swipe down on the icons themselves you get the new search function. It's no longer hidden at the left of all the Home Screens.

mastoul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is missing from ios 7

I installed the new ios yesterday. I noticed that unlock sound is missing on both my ipad 2 and iphone 4s. Is it happening also to you guys? Also i have a lot of crashes on stock apps like messages and iphone is restarting springboard.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I installed the new ios yesterday. I noticed that unlock sound is missing on both my ipad 2 and iphone 4s. Is it happening also to you guys? Also i have a lot of crashes on stock apps like messages and iphone is restarting springboard.

Make sure you do a restart on the device(s) after the update. Lots of little things tend to lag or act weird until you do.

Worst case, do the update again with a clean instal using iTunes on a PC. This is the route to the cleanest install of the OS you can get; just like sometimes you end up having to do a clean install on a computer.. Unfortunately it entails a lot more work after the fact.

mastoul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did a restart on both devices. The crashes are not often. But the unlock sound is missing only to me?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I did a restart on both devices. The crashes are not often. But the unlock sound is missing only to me?

First, if you have not done so, check the Side Switches settings and position. You'll find the settings in Settings > General, under Use Side Switch To. If it's set o Mute, then the switch next to the volume buttons will turn off all system sounds, including the unlock sound and keyboard clicks. If it's set to Lock the the Mute function will be in the Control Center instead. The icon will look like a bell with a bar diagonal bar across it.

Second, go to Settings > Sounds. At the bottom of the screen make sure the Lock Sounds are turned on.

Last, if none of this is working you might want to try Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. This will not erase any of your content, apps, or account settings, but you will end up tweaking most of your other settings to get things back to where you like them. It looks a bit like restoring the iPad when you do it, so don't panic. On the other hand be darn careful you DO NOT tap the Erase All Contents and Settings options by mistake.

That's all I can think of. Usually the first two solve the problem, but I've seen sound settings get stuck before and this was the only way (short of a restore) that they got fixed.

Good luck.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Scratch my last reply. The Unlock Sound does indeed appear to be missing from iOS 7. You get a Lock Sound when pushing the Power Button, but nothing when sliding to unlock. Might be a bug or oversight, or it might be on purpose.

Unlocking new looks more like swiping the screen away instead of sliding a switch, so I can see Apple deciding a locking sound is no longer appropriate.

Sorry.

I'd edit my previous post, but since we are in the News forum editing and deleting of posts is disabled.

SimonkarlHughes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where is search

Hi, can't find the search feature anymore, I was told swiping down on any home screen but that gives me the notification centre. I have updated my ipad?..

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi, can't find the search feature anymore, I was told swiping down on any home screen but that gives me the notification centre. I have updated my ipad?..

For search swipe down on the icons. The middle of he screen works fine. If you swipe down from the top edge of the screen you get Notification Center.

peter4711

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
All set to download it onto my iPhone 5, then it gave the size and 15 hours as the download time.
I have a satellite internet connection limited to 9 download and 15 Gbs a month. So I will be sticking with 6.

sandeeww

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now that I installed iOS 7, I can't get the App Store to connect. Why?

YoloSwag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now that I installed iOS 7, I can't get the App Store to connect. Why?

Log out your Apple ID in settings then put it back. Or set your date 1 year forward then put it back. Restart, reboot, erase all content and settings, close the app store in multitask. Maybe doing some of these will work.

Surfer01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Closing apps is one of the more straightforward things...once someone tells you!

Double click home button for multitasking, select app and swipe it up. Gone.

I was just about to moan about that when I found the thread and this post! Thanks. BTW Where can we get a list of "new" things added with this version?

Most reactions

Latest posts