What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 7 is now available for download

asixtiesgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No. All you can do is remember that pass code.

Should the unthinkable happen and you forget it, you can restore the phone back to factory using iTunes. If you use the iTunes you initially set up the phone with, you can pretty much put it back the way it was. You just need a recent backup.

The key is: make backups! Cannot emphasize this enough - make a plan to regularly backup your iDevice. Then, should anything go wrong, you can get most of your data and settings back.

Note that this applies to iPads, also, not just to phones that the OP mentioned.

Oh, and for iOS 7 - if you go to restore the iOS (or upgrade) and you have "Find My iPhone/iPad" enabled - iTunes will prompt you to enter the AppleID and password you used in initial set-up of the iDevice. This is a security feature that is new to iOS 7.

Marilyn

I hadn't forgotten it but some update had happened that locked me out, that's why I was frightened to do the update to ios7.

carlosarias1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IPad 2 3g here, update OTA flawlessly, everything working just fine, i prefer the new keyboard, but for some reason, here in this app for ipad forums, the old keyboard is the one showing up instead of the newer one, i see it performing faster than previous OS, also, faster response in closing and opening apps, i only see one problem, making folders and putting apps inside folders are becoming very difficult at some points.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IPad 2 3g here, update OTA flawlessly, everything working just fine, i prefer the new keyboard, but for some reason, here in this app for ipad forums, the old keyboard is the one showing up instead of the newer one, i see it performing faster than previous OS, also, faster response in closing and opening apps, i only see one problem, making folders and putting apps inside folders are becoming very difficult at some points.

The IPF App is due to be updated shortly as it hasn't yet been updated for iOS 7.

The Archangel

cecilrwilliams

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My iPad 3 Camera does not have the flash option; however, iPone 3 does. Anyone else notice this or did I get a bad download?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My iPad 3 Camera does not have the flash option; however, iPone 3 does. Anyone else notice this or did I get a bad download?
The flashlight option is only available for the iPhones and the iPod touch, 5th generation. The iPads do not have the flashlight option as the iPad camera does not have a flash.

Jemyls

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I must say I am really liking the new update. It just took some getting used to. Thanks Apple. You're the best.

Gwenneth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Although the iPhone 3 is not on the list, I had no problems upgrading my 3.

Do I understand correctly that you were able to update your iPhone 3 beyond iOS 4.2.1 ? I tried to update mine (recent hand-me-down) and iTunes says 4.2.1 is the last version of iOS available for the iPhone 3. I'd be very grateful if it's possible to update that to something newer.

cecilrwilliams

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do I understand correctly that you were able to update your iPhone 3 beyond iOS 4.2.1 ? I tried to update mine (recent hand-me-down) and iTunes says 4.2.1 is the last version of iOS available for the iPhone 3. I'd be very grateful if it's possible to update that to something newer.

I had no problem updating my iPhone 3 to ios7. The only problem I had was with my iPad 3. The stock apple camera upgraded with some of the new features; however, does not have the flash option. This requires one to purchase or download a free camera with a flash. I take more pics inside with my iPad. Outside, the screen is so washed out by the sun, you cannot see or frame the shot.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
. I had no problem updating my iPhone 3 to ios7. The only problem I had was with my iPad 3. The stock apple camera upgraded with some of the new features; however, does not have the flash option. This requires one to purchase or download a free camera with a flash. I take more pics inside with my iPad. Outside, the screen is so washed out by the sun, you cannot see or frame the shot.
iOS 7 is not available for the iPhone 3G. The iPhone 4 is the oldest iPhone that can use iOS 7. Could you please explain how you circumvented Apple restrictions to download iOS 7 to a phone that doesn't support it?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

I had no problem updating my iPhone 3 to ios7. The only problem I had was with my iPad 3. The stock apple camera upgraded with some of the new features; however, does not have the flash option. This requires one to purchase or download a free camera with a flash. I take more pics inside with my iPad. Outside, the screen is so washed out by the sun, you cannot see or frame the shot.

In addition, for what it's worth - the iPad doesn't have flash (the lighting); the internals are not there. So, please don't download a camera with a flash because it still won't work on the iPad.

Marilyn

Art Frau

iPF Noob
Reaction score

The iPhone 3 GS that I have has only 6.0.1 which says is up to date but that is not iOS 7. The 3 was not included in the iOS 7 update as I read about it on apple website.

Art Frau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oops should have said 6.1.3 was the latest for iPhone 3. Me bad.

lindy123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have at last updated my ipad3 and it looks fine to me, I updated my iphone5 a couple of weeks ago so maybe I have got used to it. I am happy with it

Jenningsville

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I much prefer iOS 7 to the previous iOS look and feel... except accessibility for those without perfect sight. The recommendations, like bold, increased text size, etc help a bit but dont provide the same accessibility as iOS 6. I hope Apple resolves this in an update soon.

Most reactions

Latest posts