What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 7 is now available for download

goody

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes; the open app shows much larger than a thumbnail, but you do swipe it up

Bluejak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I suppose it is better in lots of ways, but the notes now looks awful. But worst is the reminders, no longer working properly on iPhone. You try getting the current outstanding reminders!

scooterdp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Definitely not worth it. I now have increased lag time, the battery drains faster, and the look is FLAT. Ugh!

Nobby21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, so I am paranoid about updating with iOS 7.0.2 Software Update. Is it legit?

tensailj828

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if i connect my jailbroken ipad 2 to my pc and restore and update it, is there something bad going to happen to my ipad... its 6.1.2 and i want to update it to 7.0.2

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I suppose it is better in lots of ways, but the notes now looks awful. But worst is the reminders, no longer working properly on iPhone. You try getting the current outstanding reminders!

Make sure you are viewing the list of lists. (Tap the bottom of the screen to switch between viewing a list and the view of lists) At the top right corner you should see a small clock icon. If you don't swipe down on the lists. Tap the clock to see your Today and upcoming reminders. Tap the very bottom of the screen to exit this mode.

[screen shots to follow as soon as I make and post them]

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Make sure you are viewing the list of lists. (Tap the bottom of the screen to switch between viewing a list and the view of lists) At the top right corner you should see a small clock icon. If you don't swipe down on the lists. Tap the clock to see your Today and upcoming reminders. Tap the very bottom of the screen to exit this mode. [screen shots to follow as soon as I make and post them]

image-63214365.jpg
image-2901049053.jpg

This is in the News area, so I could not edit my post.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Oh, for got to mention, if you are alone or you don't mind looking a bit odd in public, you can ask Siri "What are my Reminders for the day" and you'll get a lists. A list you can check off directly from Siri's screen; saving you several steps.

I'm kind of liking this, as it lets my check my shopping list and check off paid bills very quickly. Of course, I'm a bit self conscious, so I wont' do it if anyone is near by and listening.

victoria77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Initial reaction - how do I get back to previous version - it looks cheap and nasty now :thumbsdown:
I agree. My thoughts exactly and I also can't stand the way the graphics of the diff apps come and go. Giving me a headache.

uk1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hope someone can point me ....

I want to switch off the reminder on my wife's ipad to upgrade to 7 so she doesn't do it accidentally ie the big red 1 reminder on"settings". Is it possible to switch the "1" off and stop future pop up reminders? Our plan currently is to stay with 6.

Thanks.

miket5au

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I agree. My thoughts exactly and I also can't stand the way the graphics of the diff apps come and go. Giving me a headache.

One thing you can say for iOS 7 - it has inspired a lot of people to join this forum! How many first posts have been made on this topic?

I like iOS 7 and I get car sick driving round the block!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hope someone can point me .... I want to switch off the reminder on my wife's ipad to upgrade to 7 so she doesn't do it accidentally ie the big red 1 reminder on"settings". Is it possible to switch the "1" off and stop future pop up reminders? Our plan currently is to stay with 6. Thanks.

Sorry, no, there is no way to get rid of that '1' it's there until you do update I'm afraid. You will get used to it after a while, well at least I did!

Unless of course, you're Jailbroken.

Most reactions

Latest posts