What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 7 hold out

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I stopped in at the AT&T store to get my first look at both the new ipad air and the look of the ios7. Even us hold outs are eventually going to swallow the ios7 horse pill if we want either the new mini or the air. I was shocked to see the restrictions function gone. If I could ask those with ios7 can you achieve the same results somewhere else in settings that you could with restrictions on ios6?, for instance, prevent apps from using your location or access to your photos? THANKS

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I stopped in at the AT&T store to get my first look at both the new ipad air and the look of the ios7. Even us hold outs are eventually going to swallow the ios7 horse pill if we want either the new mini or the air. I was shocked to see the restrictions function gone. If I could ask those with ios7 can you achieve the same results somewhere else in settings that you could with restrictions on ios6?, for instance, prevent apps from using your location or access to your photos? THANKS
Restrictions does indeed exist in iOS 7 and you have complete control of how your apps can access the data, photos, and location information stored on your iPad.

image-4028427459.jpg

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I stopped in at the AT&T store to get my first look at both the new ipad air and the look of the ios7. Even us hold outs are eventually going to swallow the ios7 horse pill if we want either the new mini or the air.
I hated iOS 7 at first but with my new iPad Air i'm beginning to like it so i guess i swallowed the IOS 7 horse pill ;) The icons that i really really hated actually look better on Air.

OP

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you for the info, now I think I will like ios7. I asked AT&T if they would buy my two iPads to help pay for the new one, they said yes and I asked them what they would do with them and they said they would melt them down and not resell them, isn't that strange? Oh well, thanks again

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
All demo iPads in stores that are supplied by apple have many iOS 7 areas not available to general public This prevents users making changes to demos.This includes restrictions not available, iTunes stores are disabled for downloading and apps limited in editing etc.
All third party apps are in many cases restricted as Apple has paid developers to use them for demo only.

I suggest one looks at the on line website regarding iOS 7 and that will assist you in what features are available.

JewelGarden

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Makes sense that demo iPads would be restricted.

I still have not moved my iPad mini to iOS 7, but after using my new iPad air for a week I will probably relent and make the change at some point. Visually, I'm not thrilled with the appearance of the iOS 7 user interface...many of the icons are garishly colored to my eye. I guess I'm still not used to the flatness of the visual elements. But my iPad air rocks! Love the lighter weight with a full size screen, the display is gorgeous, the speakers are much better than my iPad 3. So far all my apps seem to run great...no lags or stutters. Happy with my purchase, just finding it hard to love the ugly bits.

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Makes sense that demo iPads would be restricted. I still have not moved my iPad mini to iOS 7, but after using my new iPad air for a week I will probably relent and make the change at some point. Visually, I'm not thrilled with the appearance of the iOS 7 user interface...many of the icons are garishly colored to my eye. I guess I'm still not used to the flatness of the visual elements. But my iPad air rocks! Love the lighter weight with a full size screen, the display is gorgeous, the speakers are much better than my iPad 3. So far all my apps seem to run great...no lags or stutters. Happy with my purchase, just finding it hard to love the ugly bits.

Do you have any of apples pages, keynote or numbers? My air lags on all of these.

Also, has anyone noticed with the 5 finger pinch to close apps if "reduced motion" is off still has kind of a "snap" to the end of it with the iPad air? I thought this was a problem on older devices hardware not handling the new iOS 7 features well. The air does it as well.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Do you have any of apples pages, keynote or numbers? My air lags on all of these.

Also, has anyone noticed with the 5 finger pinch to close apps if "reduced motion" is off still has kind of a "snap" to the end of it with the iPad air? I thought this was a problem on older devices hardware not handling the new iOS 7 features well. The air does it as well.

You have to download these free apps after you register your iTunes account on your device.

I have not seen any problem with the reduce motion thing on iPad 4. I guess its the quick transition you say. Its nothing but the speed of your swipe thats duplicated. So, the faster you swipe, the faster it closes. I dont think its a problem.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iOS 7 made my iPad 2 lag a little. And increased the time for opening my apps. I am digging the new look, new ringtones, new wallpapers, the control center, the photo filters, the 3D look, and the transparent look. Except the new notification center. The today and missed section is completly useless.

Also as for the snap yes I hate it. Good thing I don't ise multi-tasking gestures.

PadMatress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had to get a replacement for my ipad 3 last week after the sound crackling got worse, Apple decided to recycle the one I originally had which I had gotten with my carrier and give me a free replacement. To my surprise it came with iOS6. I am so far refusing to upgrade to iOS7 because 1 - I personally feel the ipad3 can't handle most of the elements of iOS7 including the new visual styles and no matter how times erased content and set up the previous ipad3 before I had before it got replaced by Apple, it was still laggy.

iOS6 is a snap on the iPad 3. And prefer that and the skumorpohsim element.

Don't get me wrong - i do love ios7 on the iPhone (have the Iphone 5s) - but it does not suit the Ipad at it's current state.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iPad 3 runs faster with iOS 7.3 know I own one. If yu are happy with iOS 6 stay there no one is telling you you have to upgrade that is your call. Please do not state ios7 is not design to support iPad 3 as that is totally incorrect

PadMatress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's not what i meant at all.

But never mind, because i redid the upgrade, and it actually runs pretty well on my replacement Ipad. :) So i'm all sweet with it again. :)

Most reactions