What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 7 - first impressions

YoloSwag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For people who are having a hard time with iOS 7 lag, go to settings-> general-> accessibility-> reduce motion-> and turn it on. It fixed the lag.

Edit: I need to go back to being on topic. Goddamn my blasted my mind. So anyways, I love iOS7. The theme is perfect for me since I am asian. DAT COLORS.

Also iOS 7 has helped me dave a lot of time. I don't need to go open my iPad again to make small changes. And also the ability to take pictures while in the lock screen helped me. Thanks also for the control center for making those possible. Also as for the new camera filters I don't need to download any other editing apps. I also loved the new and easy-to-use multitask. Also love the new live wallpapers even though it drains battery (Actually it did not make any changes in my battery life). Also love the wish list feature in the app store. I also like the translucency of iOS 7.

Now these are what I hate:

The lose of the share widget. I mean I use to post every time on facebook!
The lag. Although I managed to fix it with a setting in my iPad.
No change in maps.

Although I still love iOS 7. Really, its just fascinating. Now I have more ways to beat my friends in a debate about which is the better smartphone. iDevices or Android

Last edited:

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So far I'm pleased with it on my iPad 2. The new look is mostly fine with me. Performance thus far appears to be the same or unaffected so that's good. The control center is a no brainer and the automatic app updates is kind of nice too. So far I don't see any battery usage issues but well have to give that some time to really know. I love the swipe up from any screen and you can close apps feature. The app tiles are nice and easy to close. I couldn't stand the four finger swipe and then clicking that little x button. So happy that's gone!

I don't care for how white some of the screens are though. Kind of bright and irritating. Not a deal killer, just a tad loud! That's really all I got so far. I've had my update since about 8pm last night so I don't have a ton of time on it. Ill report back with more info as I get it.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it and it makes my extremely defunct iPad 2 feel new again. :D

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Remember guys, this thread is to record impressions of the new operating system, as we are all new to it and very interested in the info under this heading. Of course, feel free to open a new thread in the iOS7 sub-forum on a topic of your choosing, if it's to do with iOS7.
Andrew

Last edited:

gardendweller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Downloaded 7 and I think it's great so far...much faster, easier to close out of an app, haven't found anything I don't like better.

Deborah Byrd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I will like it when I get used to where everything is and what it does. I agree with Firefly about the bright white screen on the contacts, notes, etc. Boy what a shocker! Too bright for my tired old eyes and dimming it did not do much to help. Also I Hate the thin white font used for the icons. Very hard to see but I fixed a bit of that by using a darker background. The variated colored ones seem to help a whole lot. I like that you can make the fonts larger and bolder, but when you go over to emails better watch out! If you happen to have signatures on your outgoing mail it will hit you in the face and you can't turn that down smaller without making other stuff smaller!

All in all I guess it will do......

YoloSwag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I will like it when I get used to where everything is and what it does. I agree with Firefly about the bright white screen on the contacts, notes, etc. Boy what a shocker! Too bright for my tired old eyes and dimming it did not do much to help. Also I Hate the thin white font used for the icons. Very hard to see but I fixed a bit of that by using a darker background. The variated colored ones seem to help a whole lot. I like that you can make the fonts larger and bolder, but when you go over to emails better watch out! If you happen to have signatures on your outgoing mail it will hit you in the face and you can't turn that down smaller without making other stuff smaller!

All in all I guess it will do......

You can invert colors so that it won't be that bright.

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just got it last night. I'll need to get used to it. The month view on the calendar, which I use all the time, is difficult because the lines that make the grid are too pale to see well. Notice that paleness in other things as well. It's just a tad more difficult to see. First time I felt the iPad was meant for younger eyes.

Bobbi

Mystro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone else get the feeling that iOS7 is the tipping point where Apple jumped the shark tank????? I am not one that fears change providing its a change for the better. If I wanted the look of android, I would have bought a android product. We went from sharp classy graphics to cheap cartoonish in one night..... Yuck. I can't believe it came to this so soon since the great pioneer has left us for a better place. Saying "you'll get use to it" is like saying you will also get use to walking around with turd in your pants.. Pretty disgusted and embarrassed that this is what Apple developed.

iOS7 looks pathetic...
k6o0n.gif

Last edited:

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
After a day with iOS 7, it's growing on me. My favorite parts so far:

much better battery life. I unplugged the device before I went to bed around 2 am, and now at 9:30, it's at 96%. Before, it would be in the 60-70% range.

app switching is amazingly smooth

the keyboard is more responsive

Still my only big gripe is custom wallpapers.

Spugnut

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So far I'm pleased with it on my iPad 2. The new look is mostly fine with me. Performance thus far appears to be the same or unaffected so that's good. The control center is a no brainer and the automatic app updates is kind of nice too. So far I don't see any battery usage issues but well have to give that some time to really know. I love the swipe up from any screen and you can close apps feature. The app tiles are nice and easy to close. I couldn't stand the four finger swipe and then clicking that little x button. So happy that's gone! I don't care for how white some of the screens are though. Kind of bright and irritating. Not a deal killer, just a tad loud! That's really all I got so far. I've had my update since about 8pm last night so I don't have a ton of time on it. Ill report back with more info as I get it. Overall, I'm pretty happy with it and it makes my extremely defunct iPad 2 feel new again. :D
Great news. Will do the Wife's iPad2 next.

Sent from my iPad using IPF

Spugnut

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No major issues thus far. Getting used to the new look and feel.

Eventually managed to get Newsstand moved to a folder☺️

Sent from my iPad using IPF

kfhaggerty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm on the Mini. I agree with you. It does seem sluggish and tweak. And I most definitely don't like the new aesthetic..AT ALL. I don't get any sense of an overall improvement, and some of my apps are running slower. I realize I've only had it for 16 hours. But I'm already wishing I had the old OS back. That is my first impression. I do hope it grows on me.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
After a day with iOS 7, it's growing on me. My favorite parts so far: much better battery life. I unplugged the device before I went to bed around 2 am, and now at 9:30, it's at 96%. Before, it would be in the 60-70% range. app switching is amazingly smooth the keyboard is more responsive Still my only big gripe is custom wallpapers.
That's also my experience. (Except that I liked it from the beginning.)
On iPad 3 the screen seems to be more responsive now, not only the keyboard.
I'd like to use one of my own pictures as wallpaper on my iPad mini, but it looks awful there, because I couldn't yet figure out how to adjust it.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts