What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 7 and video in the Photos app

burrellp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have always organised my photos so that they are in folders per subject and any videos are also in the same folder. With IOS7 the videos have all been grouped in a new section and are missing from the actual folder. Is there any way to reverse this and get my videos back where they were?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, I'm really going to be out on a limb on this one, because I don't use the local album/folders at all; but:

Are you looking under the Photos tab, where all your photos and videos are organized automatically by time and location, or under the Albums tab, where 'I hope' all your locally created albums still reside?

If you are looking the Album section, I've no idea what is going on.

image-4134540492.jpg

OP
B

burrellp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Under the folders tab. I now have the camera roll, panoramic, videos and then my folders. All of the panoramic photos and videos have been moved out of the respective folders and into these two dedicated ones. I don't want it since the videos are no longer linked to the holiday/party/event etc. that is the folder "name" which now only contains the photos.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Interesting.

I don't have those folders, probably because I don't have any videos or panoramics on the iPad at the moment. However, when I select a picture in the Camera Roll and chose the Add To button I see them as empty folders I can use.

If you go to those pictures and videos in the new folders, and select them, can you add them back to the folders you want. That won't remove them from those folders, of course, but it could at least make your collections complete again; at the cost of some work.

Another thing you can try is to use shared Photo Steams instead. If I remember correctly you are supposed to able to add videos as well now. That would be a 'lot' of work, but he albums would be come associated with your Apple ID (iCloud Account) and not dependent on your iOS device to keep working.

And, of course, the main Photos tab does sort of auto group stuff. Probably not exactly the way you want, but rough time frames and places are grouped together.

In the end you may have to get a third party photo organizer app. One that will do exactly what you want, and not depend on what's going on in the Camera Roll and main photos library.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts