What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 7.0.3 is out now

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm downloading it now on my iPhone 4s and iPad mini....

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It appears that the zoom in/out animations have been subdued a bit in iOS 7.0.3. Good news for those who were experiencing motion sickness.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It appears that the zoom in/out animations have been subdued a bit in iOS 7.0.3. Good news for those who were experiencing motion sickness.

Just did my iPad 2 (will do wife's Mini soon) - took a while (presumably the Apple servers are busy) - I agree that the zooming does seem slower - did not bother me but hopefully will help others - Dave :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Reduce Motion setting in Accessibility now stops the fly-in-out effects, for those that were bothered by the motion.

Here is the list of things addressed with iOS 7.03. I've highlighted the fixes that seemed to generate the most posts on the forum; in my purely subjective opinion, of course.

Attachments

• image-4219043645.jpg
    image-4219043645.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 518

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Reduce Motion setting in Accessibility now stops the fly-in-out effects, for those that were bothered by the motion.

Here is the list of things addressed with iOS 7.03. I've highlighted the fixes that seemed to generate the most posts on the forum; in my purely subjective opinion, of course.

Thanks,TPoet! Great help! :)

Peace begins with a smile.
M Teresa

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Unfortunately, it appears I won't be allowed to use the new Keychain features because I don't have a cell phone. I cannot set it up without a phone number to receive text messages.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Unfortunately, it appears I won't be allowed to use the new Keychain features because I don't have a cell phone. I cannot set it up without a phone number to receive text messages.

I remember that coming up on the iPad. I don't remember if you could skip it.

Strangely it was not asked on either the iPhone or the iMac. The iPad was the second (after the iPhone) device to get set up. On the iPhone I was asked if I wanted to use my unlock code for keychain, I said yes. From that point on activating iCloud Keychain on my other devices was a combination of my Apple ID and that passcode.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, it appears I won't be allowed to use the new Keychain features because I don't have a cell phone. I cannot set it up without a phone number to receive text messages. This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.
You also can enter the phone number of someone you trust. You need access to that phone when you set up Keychain on a second/third(...?) Apple device.

image-1388313117.jpg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Apparently you can set it up with out the SMS number, but it requries contacting Apple support to do so.

How do I set up iCloud Keychain on a new device if I don't have one of my other devices to approve from?

If you don't have any of your devices using iCloud Keychain currently with you, you can still set up iCloud Keychain on a new device, as long as you:

Remember your iCloud Security Code
Have access to the SMS-capable phone number you provided when you first set up iCloud Keychain—so that you can receive a verification code via SMS on that phone
Follow the iCloud Keychain setup steps documented above. After you have completed the steps, your iCloud Keychain is pushed to the new device from the cloud.

Note: If you don't have access to the phone number provided when you first set up iCloud Keychain, contact Apple Support to verify your identity to complete setup on your new device.

From the iCloud Keychain FAQ

Thanks to SciFan for the original link.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I skipped the keychain features when I restarted my iPhone and Mac after the update. I wanted to read more about it before plunging into it. I haven't done the update on my iPad yet, but assuming that I can skip over the Keychain feature later as well.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I skipped the keychain features when I restarted my iPhone and Mac after the update. I wanted to read more about it before plunging into it. I haven't done the update on my iPad yet, but assuming that I can skip over the Keychain feature later as well.

Hi Carol - just updated Susan's iPad Mini this morning w/ no problems - did not sign up for KeyChain on either of our iPads; BUT, we are both using password (PW) programs (Splash ID or me & DataVault for her) - it's actually a PITA to use the apps, i.e. if you forget a PW then you need to bring up the app, then enter your 'global' password, and yet find the site you need - YUCK! SO, we may be exploring this iCloud option - Dave :)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Carol - just updated Susan's iPad Mini this morning w/ no problems - did not sign up for KeyChain on either of our iPads; BUT, we are both using password (PW) programs (Splash ID or me & DataVault for her) - it's actually a PITA to use the apps, i.e. if you forget a PW then you need to bring up the app, then enter your 'global' password, and yet find the site you need - YUCK! SO, we may be exploring this iCloud option - Dave :)

I currently use a password manager app as well. That is why I didn't move forward with the keychain security feature-yet. I haven't dismissed it, it's just I'd like to learn more about it before my own use. Threads like these and what Apple website has given should give me a good idea what to expect. Thanks, Dave! :)

RonzoDad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I upgraded both my iPad 4 and iPhone 5s to 7.0.3 and activated the Keychain feature. Where is it? Doing a search produces no results. It would have been nice for apple to include a tutorial with these new features.

Most reactions

Latest posts