What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 6-what do you want for the ipad?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let's copy the whole iOS 5 thread over to here because the majority of what people wanted, didn't come in iOS 5. :)

OP
biobunny

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Irish Rose said:
Sure I can look at Apples website, however, there are 200 new changes coming to iOS 5, that are not all listed on there. As I said in my earlier post, you really can't say what chanes are needed for iOS 6, when we don't have iOS 5 yet which is still being tested and tweaked at the moment.

My bad, there was a page displaying all features but that was for Mac OS X Lion.

Sent from my interestingcompanionPad using iPF!

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As a legacy Apple products owner since the very beginning, I know all too well that far-future OS updates will demand faster processors. Back in the here and now, I’d be happy just to see iOS5 actually work as designed, and without bringing my iPad2 to a crawl.

matt_90036

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to get multitasking. I thought that iOS4 suppose to get it, then I thought that iOS5 would get it but it looks like I might need to wait till iOS6 or maybe 7. The problem with that is that the competition is still not strong enough to force apple into being more open.

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to get multitasking. I thought that iOS4 suppose to get it, then I thought that iOS5 would get it but it looks like I might need to wait till iOS6 or maybe 7. The problem with that is that the competition is still not strong enough to force apple into being more open.

Wait, what? I don't see anything wrong with the way the current multitasking is set up. After all, how hard is it to tap the home button twice to bring up the multitasking tray? :confused:

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Irish Rose said:
Wait, what? I don't see anything wrong with the way the current multitasking is set up. After all, how hard is it to tap the home button twice to bring up the multitasking tray? :confused:

It isn't true multitasking though. The iPad doesn't have enough ram to do real multitasking.

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Irish Rose said:

It isn't true multitasking though. The iPad doesn't have enough ram to do real multitasking.

What would make it true multitasking? To me, having the ability to switch from one task to another with ease is multitasking, which is what the current iOS is capable of.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

. Ever since that feature started, people complained about the split second it takes to do that.

Last edited:

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score

. Ever since that feature started, people complained about the split second it takes to do that.
LOL, and before that, they complained about not having multitasking! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts