What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 6 to Launch September 19

dempseyja2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cant stand this no youtube app as well apple going backwards now!!!! Going to cancel the iphone 5

kmawer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yup, just downloaded, maps very poor, no street view, no you tube, worst update ever, have just ordered iphone5, but may cancel now, what's the point in a better phone if the best software is going backwards, or worse, dissapears fast, APPLE, get this sorted and fast, you've just taken the thrill, the edge the USPS off the iPad and iPhone, get a grip..........! SHOCKING "UPGRADE"...,,,,,,

dan demann

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Grandaduk said:
How big will the download be in MB

Hey there,
According to C/net, it is 595 mbs for the iPad 2. No info for the 3.
Took 52 minutes to download only on my 3, at 7.5 mbs. Now we'll see how long it takes to install.
Dan

SimoneLouise28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now updated not seeing much exciting features as yet :/ where is Siri?

Sent from my iPad that I <3

Attachments

• image-3883872610.jpg
    image-3883872610.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 221

Plasma007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bluray said:
Happy downloading Susan, you've been waiting anxiously for this one. ;)

Trying to download, estimate time is 7h! Already had a break in connection, starting again.

kmawer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Press and hold home button to activate Siri, will swap new features for you tube and google maps, a huge leap backwards, apple shoots itself in the foot I think so far.....!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yup, just downloaded, maps very poor, no street view, no you tube, worst update ever, have just ordered iphone5, but may cancel now, what's the point in a better phone if the best software is going backwards, or worse, dissapears fast, APPLE, get this sorted and fast, you've just taken the thrill, the edge the USPS off the iPad and iPhone, get a grip..........! SHOCKING "UPGRADE"...,,,,,,

These features have been discussed forever. None of this is new. Perhaps it would have been wise for you to skip this "upgrade". Google will likely release its own maps app for iOS soon anyway...and they are already on record to be working on an new youtube app.

Personally, I think this is a fine upgrade and I think we are better off letting Google do the youtube and map apps themselves.

SimoneLouise28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am finding nothing of much importance certainly not 200+ new features and I was sure I would get Siri but on holding home button nothing happens! Hmmm update is fine but nothing of any excitement for me that I have found/seen as yet! Deffo keeping my iPhone 4 on old iOS and keeping my jailbreak for sure!

darnice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To get youtube, just browse to it and add and to homescreen. I actually prefer browseing to it rather than the app anyway.

Steve

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now updated not seeing much exciting features as yet :/ where is Siri?

If you have an iPad 2 as your sig indicates unfortunately you will not get Siri. Only iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, the New iPad, and iPod Touch 5th gen have Siri.

Most reactions