What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 6 to Launch September 19

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
northsider said:
It is very inconvenient not to have YouTube and Google map after IOS6 installation!!!! Be aware!

I can't play "flash" videos if I use Safari. Sucks, I have lots of favorite videos in YouTube.

The other downloaded app for public transportation like Hopstop is not the best designed app. it does not give the optimal results. It doest not consider the express bus rout.

Why did Apple drop those two useful apps!!!!

If you do a quick search on here you will find that you can download the iPhone YouTube App onto your iPad whilst we wait for Google to produce an iPad version.

The Archangel

northsider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
seneca18 said:
Agreed, the old YouTube app left a lot to the imagination. The new one is slightly better. For everyone worried about the maps as AQ_OC indicated Google should be releasing one in the app store soon enough.

I don't think neither of you use You Tube frequently. Lots of the videos require Flash player without the app and Apple does not support Flash player. Apple's update went backward. Did they even ask users'feedback.

janner43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't think neither of you use You Tube frequently. Lots of the videos require Flash player without the app and Apple does not support Flash player. Apple's update went backward. Did they even ask users'feedback.

I was under the impression that YouTube will deliver videos by either html5 or flash. Chrome browser does not support flash on Android, for example, but plays YT vids perfectly well using html5.

Or download the iPhone YT app.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
northsider said:

Flash will never be supported on the iPad. Flash is on its way out and Adobe has ceased all development of Flash for mobile devices.
Here is a thread about Flash and the iPad you should read.

Plasma007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Redhotpoker said:
Hi Susan,
I was directed to this YouTube app from an article I had read about iOS6 not supporting it any more.
But perhaps, you are correct, it being for the iPhone, in that the reason it can only be viewed properly is on an iPhone in portrait mode and not horizontal in landscape position on an iPad 3. Although the videos play great in landscape position.

Happy with Siri >?< You bet. I'm also overjoyed with the iOS6 update we are enjoying.
But seriously feeling only very slightly sorry too, for those who don't like certain aspects of it.

I like it, love Siri and know that the maps and other minor bugs will be fixed very shortly.

If you look at the history of iOS, you'll soon realize that Apple Corp. gets right on it. Check the dates of iOS 5 to iOS 5.1. Very short period of time.
Believe me, those techies are working into the night, to get any bugs you find fixed.
But I doubt they sit here reading complaints. Send your gripes to Apple directly, and let them know what corrections need to be worked out.

Please don't walk backwards you nay sayers!!

Enjoy it, life moves in a forward motion... progression,.
Ah, please evolve with the rest of us.
Or thee may revolve to the back of the linage.

Chas

I like your outlook. Yes, let us move forward!

NGC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple can't fix the Map Fiasco unless they are planning on purchasing Google. For those of us that are livid with the ios6 downgrade keep up the pressure. Fanboys have never changed the world!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
NGC said:
Apple can't fix the Map Fiasco unless they are planning on purchasing Google. For those of us that are livid with the ios6 downgrade keep up the pressure. Fanboys have never changed the world!

Apple will never allow you to downgrade to a previous version of iOS once the signing window for the previous version closes . In the case or iOS 5.1.1, the signing window closed on Friday, 48 hours after iOS 6 became available for download. There have been workarounds in the past involving the use of SHSH blobs. The maps issue is being looked at by Apple and other members have reported noticing improvements in Apple maps over the last few days.

susanlackey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NGC said:

Why would you say they can't fix it? I am confident they will, some things just take a little time.

Nikonstorm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
I today's world of rapid technological change the iPad 1 is ancient. The iPad 1 just isn't capable of handling the system demands of iOS 6.

Rubbish!

The iPad 1 has a faster processor and the same 256mb RAM as the iPhone 3GS.. Which has been allowed to run iOS 6. I think it's more about Apple's Greed.
How long before this happens to you iPad 2 users? By iOS7 perhaps !

I'm thinking very seriously about whether to upgrade my iPad to the latest or move to an android based and probably cheaper ?Pad.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

digitalexplr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nikonstorm said:
Rubbish!

The iPad 1 has a faster processor and the same 256mb RAM as the iPhone 3GS.. Which has been allowed to run iOS 6. I think it's more about Apple's Greed.
How long before this happens to you iPad 2 users? By iOS7 perhaps !

I'm thinking very seriously about whether to upgrade my iPad to the latest or move to an android based and probably cheaper ?Pad.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Probably happen with the iPad 4.

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've noticed that apple is pushing their podcast app a lot in iOS 6. Now, to download podcasts, you have to use the catalog in the podcast app, only to have the podcast itself download in iTunes. Also, you can no longer view podcasts in the videos app, you have to use the podcast app.

frankfel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I used the update to iOS 6 his week. Now I find that the iTunes and App Store addresses have changed from the UK (England) to Germany.

When I first used these stores and set up an Account I was able to select which store I wanted and I choose the UK. I live in Germany but I'm a UK citizen with English as my preferred language.

When I updated the iOS 6, I did so because it was on my update list.

At no time during the upload was I advised or offered a choice of location.

I need to relocate urgently...please help if you can

frankfel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
frankfel said:
Hi, I used the update to iOS 6 his week. Now I find that the iTunes and App Store addresses have changed from the UK (England) to Germany.

When I first used these stores and set up an Account I was able to select which store I wanted and I choose the UK. I live in Germany but I'm a UK citizen with English as my preferred language.

When I updated the iOS 6, I did so because it was on my update list.

At no time during the upload was I advised or offered a choice of location.

I need to relocate urgently...please help if you can

hi, I found a FREE App from Google of the =Google MapsStreet View = BUT, I can't download it because my Account is not registered in Germany!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
northsider said:

Define frequently? I use YouTube nearly everyday, but for the stuff I view, nothing ever complained about lack of flash. I don't think it is about how often you use YouTube but what content you are viewing there. I think the stuff is view is on html5. Flash is dead man walking these days.

Most reactions

Latest posts