What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ios 6 on ipad2

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wait till it's released, then go to Settings > General > Software Update and follow the instructions.

derby41

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have the "software update" anywhere I can find on my I2 under general features. Is it under somewhere else, or under another heading I should be looking under? I feel stupid asking, but it just isn't there and I want to update!!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have the "software update" anywhere I can find on my I2 under general features. Is it under somewhere else, or under another heading I should be looking under? I feel stupid asking, but it just isn't there and I want to update!!

You may still be on IOS 4? The OTA update was only introduced in IOS 5.

In that case you need to use iTunes on your PC to update the device.

Another possibility is your device is supplied by your Employer (or school, college, etc.) and they have provisioned it so you cannot update the software. If that is the case you need to return it to them to get IOS6 put on there (which I assume they won't do until they are ready for it)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
First, make sure you have the most current version of iTunes. Then, plug in your iPad and open iTunes. On the main summary page is a button where you can check for updates. Press the button and iTunes should tell you that there is an update available. It will ask you if you wish to upgrade. Accept the option to upgrade and then let iTunes do the work. After some input from you (prompted by iTunes)m you should be on iOS 6.

Oh, and do a backup before you do the update. You probably won't need it, but it never hurts to be prepared. Good luck.

Marilyn

nicki8801

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad2 asked me if I wanted to download the 6 ( I did) and now my email says it can not find the server. Connection to server failed. It worked fine until after the update :(

Most reactions

Latest posts