What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ios 6 jailbreak to ios 7 jailbreak

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can someone explain why the JB didn't work for me? I updated from 6.1 to 7.04 via iTunes (not OTA), did a clean install, set up as new iPad then ran the evasion JB. I got all the way to the end, tapped the evasion icon, the last thing it said was something about the "Kernals" then just jumped to the Apple logo. Why would it work for others but not me? There's got to be some reason, no?

What version of iPad do you have? People have stated they've had issues if they owned a WiFi-only iPad2.

Have you tried downloading the newest evasi0n7 tool (version 1.0.2)? See if that newest update helps...

Yes, you'll have to restore the iPad to iOS 7.0.4 again, but hopefully it'll work this time. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

muelgrub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What version of iPad do you have? People have stated they've had issues if they owned a WiFi-only iPad2.

Have you tried downloading the newest evasi0n7 tool (version 1.0.2)? See if that newest update helps...

Yes, you'll have to restore the iPad to iOS 7.0.4 again, but hopefully it'll work this time. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Yes, that's what I have. An iPad 2 wi-fi only. I'll try the new version. Is it at the same site as the first version? Thanks, I'll give it a try tonight! ;)

Last edited:

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, that's what I have. An iPad 2 wi-fi only. I'll try the new version. Is it at the same site as the first version? Thanks, I'll give it a try tonight! ;)

No. 1.0.2 beta addresses the iPad 2 Wifi and iPad 2 Rev A models, and applies the Evasi0n Untether 0.2 package

muelgrub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It worked THANKS TO YOU ALL!!! Now, is there something I need to know about Cydia and all the tweaks I had?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Read the description to see whether it works for your device. Though most packages are compatible with both the smaller and larger form factors, some are strictly iPhone-only, and if the developer does not implement a device check, you won't know. Though incompatibility issues can be resolved by removing the package or putting the device into Safe Mode then removing it, it's best to check if possible.

Commodore

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just a brief Zeppelin-related follow-up: There were (already two) updates for Zeppelin today, and Cydia showed Zeppelin both time as an upgrade from Alex's repo (despite it was installed manually via iFile the other day). All fine for now, not touching additional logos and custom carrier name in the tweak, though.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just a brief Zeppelin-related follow-up: There were (already two) updates for Zeppelin today, and Cydia showed Zeppelin both time as an upgrade from Alex's repo (despite it was installed manually via iFile the other day). All fine for now, not touching additional logos and custom carrier name in the tweak, though.

Zeppelin broke on me on several devices. Some users are also reporting the same. As long as you don't fiddle with it just yet, you should be fine

Sent from my iPad Mini via Tapa

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey all,
Just downloaded an apple ap. "houzz"
I got a warning that they detected I had a jail broken product and this app. May not function correctly. Has anyone had this issue before?
Now I am afraid to use the app.
Thank you in advance.

Sent from my IPad using IPF. GC wenchwhino HD level 58

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey all,
Just downloaded an apple ap. "houzz"
I got a warning that they detected I had a jail broken product and this app. May not function correctly. Has anyone had this issue before?
Now I am afraid to use the app.
Thank you in advance.

Some apps do warn you that having a jail broken app may cause some issues with their app as they cannot prepare for how different a jail broken device is compared to a stock one. They just want you to know that you may have issues - and that the developers may not (or can not ... or will not) help you with the app as long as the device is jail broken.

However, that is something we expect as jail breakers - that some apps may experience weird crashes. Usually, the notice you get is just that, a notice. If the app works as described, then you have no reason to be worried. It's just a heads up from the developer.

Marilyn

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Some apps do warn you that having a jail broken app may cause some issues with their app as they cannot prepare for how different a jail broken device is compared to a stock one. They just want you to know that you may have issues - and that the developers may not (or can not ... or will not) help you with the app as long as the device is jail broken. However, that is something we expect as jail breakers - that some apps may experience weird crashes. Usually, the notice you get is just that, a notice. If the app works as described, then you have no reason to be worried. It's just a heads up from the developer. Marilyn
Thank you Marilyn,
I was afraid to open it, but will now.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The only adverse affect of running it would be that an option may or may not be available for use, that's assuming the app doesn't bar you completely from use such as Sky Go (I believe) and a few banking apps. In the case of Skype, one of the older versions prevented you from purchasing credits directly on your device for the sake of pirates abusing "free in-app purchases". All other functionalities should still be there.

Rolleicord

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did my JB on ipad 3, now I still have a mini on 6.1 JB.

If I stay with 6.1 on my mini, will it be a problem later on? Say if cydia tweaks are updated to ios 7, will It tell me that my device is not supported?

If I accidently updated to the wrong ios version, can I delete and reinstall the previous old 6.1 tweak?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I did my JB on ipad 3, now I still have a mini on 6.1 JB.

If I stay with 6.1 on my mini, will it be a problem later on? Say if cydia tweaks are updated to ios 7, will It tell me that my device is not supported?

If I accidently updated to the wrong ios version, can I delete and reinstall the previous old 6.1 tweak?

Eventually, yes, tweaks will start requiring iOS 7 (or the newest iOS). Developers for Cydia tweaks are no different than those for stock apps - they go where the majority are. And, iOS 7 is here with iOS 8 probably coming this fall. Now, you won't see an immediate loss of iOS 6.x tweaks, and I'm sure they'll still be around. But, eventually, yes, you'll have to upgrade to take full advantage of the tweaks available.

As far as I know, yes, you should get notices that tweaks are not supported on your iOS version. But, it's best to fully read the tweak description to see if upgrading to it will "break" the tweak's operability on your iOS 6 device.

As for your last question, I'm not sure how to go back to an older version of a tweak (once you've updated). I've always upgraded my iOS when I could, so I've never ran into this situation. However, I should imagine that if you run into this situation you can contact the developer and get assistance in getting the older version.

Marilyn

AfternoonShift

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i just had to put my ipad3 from iOS6 into recovery mode by holding the home button while plugging in the USB. Then itunes saw it was in recovery mode and restored the ipad to the newest version. :) Still need to rejailbreak tho!

Most reactions