What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 6 Jailbreak Gets Closer

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
8140-iphone-5-invitation.JPG

Macworld reports today that a trio of famous hackers have been speaking about jailbreaking iOS 6 at a Hack in the Box security conference in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, yesterday. French hacker, Cyril, or @pod2g, said that he is currently “stuck†in trying to find a jailbreak for iOS 6, adding that “it could change in a week.†Also speaking on the panel, David @planetbeing Wang said that the trio had “a few tricks up our sleevesâ€, whilst outlining the problems with jailbreaking iOS 6. The final hacker in the trio, @Musclenerd, said that the work that they have done on the jailbreak is working in certain conditions, so they are getting there: “The overall technique works. We think we have the flow for it.†Also at the conference, Mark Dowd, founder of Azimuth Security, and his colleague Tarjei Mandt, managed to install Cydia on an iOS 6 device via a kernel-mode exploit, although Macworld says this method could not be used to jailbreak iOS 6. Meanwhile, for those looking for a definitive release date for an iOS 6 jailbreak, Cyril said “I’m still confident we can find something in the next few weeks.â€

Source: iPhone hacker dream team edges closer to iOS 6 jailbreak - iPad/iPhone - Macworld UK

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hurray! Good to know its being actively worked on!

And, to head off any questions about when it'll be available ... please see this forum's official news/status thread for a jail break on iOS 6. It can be found here: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=89458

If I may suggest - if you are interested in a jail break for iOS 6, please subscribe to that thread and keep an eye out for news. We'll post updates there as they become available.

Thanks.

Marilyn

zunex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great news. It's been like ages not seeing Cydia icon on my iPad 2. Upgrading to iOS 6 seems like a bad experience with me.

Most reactions