What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 6 compatible with iPad 2?

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just to let you know if you don't know already that the iPad 2 won't be getting the full benefits of ios6 like Siri which only the 3 will be getting.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to let you know if you don't know already that the iPad 2 won't be getting the full benefits of ios6 like Siri which only the 3 will be getting.

I've read that, but it doesn't bother me. I have Siri on iPhone 4S and don't use it. I find it half-baked and gimmicky.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've read that, but it doesn't bother me. I have Siri on iPhone 4S and don't use it. I find it half-baked and gimmicky.

Yeah but I wanted to throw that out there for those who didn't know.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
wont bother me either :)

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I could do without facebook integration also haha it's ridiculous though I bought my iPad 2 brand new and full price in February the next month it was outdated by the iPad 3 and now there already being stingy on the updates. I have faith in apples products but I have to say I'm losing faith on apple.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I could do without facebook integration also haha it's ridiculous though I bought my iPad 2 brand new and full price in February the next month it was outdated by the iPad 3 and now there already being stingy on the updates. I have faith in apples products but I have to say I'm losing faith on apple.

Sorry your statement makes no sense. Apple upgrades their computers and iPads not to mention iPods and phones every year. It is no different to any other manufacture in this world we live in. Laptops pc based change models every 3 months so why is Apple stingy iOS 5 was a great upgrade and iOS 6 will be better and the ipad2 will benifit from the upgrade except for Siri and other minor features.

You had the option to wait when you purchased your ipad2 because at that time the press was full of details about the release of the new iPad 3 generation.

I suggest you wait and see when Jonas 6 is released. Frankly I believe you will love it regardless if some features are missing.

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
col.bris said:

Sorry your statement makes no sense. Apple upgrades their computers and iPads not to mention iPods and phones every year. It is no different to any other manufacture in this world we live in. Laptops pc based change models every 3 months so why is Apple stingy iOS 5 was a great upgrade and iOS 6 will be better the ipad2 will benifit from the upgrade except for Siri.

I just don't like the way there products seem to outdate very fast. I believe apples mentality is to outdate there products so we all go out like good consumers and buy there next £600 model, it is not like the iPad 2 does not have the capabilities to run Siri. I'm not bothered about it really just thought I would express my opinion. It would be fair enough if the iPad 2 could not run Siri due to it not having the technology to cope, but they do. Apple just like to hold it back as another reason to upgrade.
I'm sure lots of other companies do also, I'm not saying that they don't, but at least you know if you have owned a pc for three years or more, there's still a chance you can upgrade to a new windows version, apple just plain say no. This was my point.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Your "old" iPad doesn't stop working when the new one ships. You have no burning need to upgrade...

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

It does seem ridiculous that you bought an iPad 2 when the next model was being widely reported at the time, if what you really wanted was the latest model.

I just don't like the way there products seem to outdate very fast. I believe apples mentality is to outdate there products so we all go out like good consumers and buy there next £600 model, it is not like the iPad 2 does not have the capabilities to run Siri. I'm not bothered about it really just thought I would express my opinion. It would be fair enough if the iPad 2 could not run Siri due to it not having the technology to cope, but they do. Apple just like to hold it back as another reason to upgrade.
I'm sure lots of other companies do also, I'm not saying that they don't, but at least you know if you have owned a pc for three years or more, there's still a chance you can upgrade to a new windows version, apple just plain say no. This was my point.

Is there any tablet maker out there that's upgrading firmware indefinitely? The pattern with mobile devices industrywide is rapid replacement among owners. PCs are a different product category, with different patterns.

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
It does seem ridiculous that you bought an iPad 2 when the next model was being widely reported at the time, if what you really wanted was the latest model.

Is there any tablet maker out there that's upgrading firmware indefinitely? The pattern with mobile devices industrywide is rapid replacement among owners. PCs are a different product category, with different patterns.

Actually I ordered it at Xmas and there was an issue hence why I got it in February and, the iPad 2 was advertised widely at Xmas, so yes I did by the iPad 2.
Nevermind forget I had an opinion, it's obviously worthless here.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually I ordered it at Xmas and there was an issue hence why I got it in February and, the iPad 2 was advertised widely at Xmas, so yes I did by the iPad 2.
Nevermind forget I had an opinion, it's obviously worthless here.

Your opinion is yours to express. Others express theirs. That's pretty much how it works.

As with the next iPad, rumblings of a new model are widely reported months ahead. You appear not to have realized that or chosen to go ahead with your purchase anyway.

Advertising for existing models continues for products as long as they're sold. That's standard practice across industries. So you'll see that a 2012 model of a car is still advertised, even as the 2013s come out.

Most reactions

Latest posts