What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 6 apple login

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Since updating to iOS 6 every 30 minutes it asks me to login to my apple account, when I do it does recognise my password which is correct after 3 goes it tells me to change my password which it is still sending me a email for after 3 days.

Quite frankly apple should be disgusted with this update its affected temperature, battery life alsort's on my what used to work perfectly Ipad 3 it is without doubt very poor they should sort out IOS6 they sort out IOS 6 before they tell me how wonderful the mini iPad is

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
pilgrimav8r said:
Since updating to iOS 6 every 30 minutes it asks me to login to my apple account, when I do it does recognise my password which is correct after 3 goes it tells me to change my password which it is still sending me a email for after 3 days.

Quite frankly apple should be disgusted with this update its affected temperature, battery life alsort's on my what used to work perfectly Ipad 3 it is without doubt very poor they should sort out IOS6 they sort out IOS 6 before they tell me how wonderful the mini iPad is

No problems here. GREAT upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Have you restarted / reset? iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
How is knowing that supposed to help someone who is having a problem (which is why the OP started the thread)?

Oooppppssss ! Smack hands. Actually I was called away and was unable to finish my last post.

OK, some suggestions.

1) Don't leave closed apps in the 'Tray'. I find they do use power despite others saying otherwise. Double tap home button, tap and hold an icon, tap the red X on each one to close.

2) Check power usage using settings/general/usage. This will show usage since last full charge, and standby ditto. Use these figures in conjunction with the % shown at the top of the screen to monitor actual usage. You may be surprised at the results.

2) Turn off all notifications using settings/notifications. If needed turn on individual apps as needed.

3) Turn off all location services using settings/privacy/location services. Again turn on only those really needed.

4) Turn off Bluetooth using settings/Bluetooth.

5) Turn down screen brightness using settings/brightness and wallpaper - you could also remove wallpaper and just have a plain screen colour and use auto-brightness.

6) Every now and then, use your device until the battery is completely drained (say down to 1%) then do a full recharge on a mains adapter. This helps keep the battery fresh and can actually help the battery maintain its charge for a longer period of time over the lifespan of the battery.

If you follow these suggestions and monitor usage, you can then see exactly how much your 'standard' usage is. You can then turn back on items one at a time to see the effect of them.

Failing all, then a replacement battery seems to be a good idea.

Do hope this helps.

superhoops

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why oh why hasnt apple introduced a "kill all" button to close all backgrounded apps in one fell swoop. I agree that they slow own performance. In fact when my ipad2 was jailbroken the memory usage meter at the top of the screen shot up when using "KillAll"

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
6) Every now and then, use your device until the battery is completely drained (say down to 1%) then do a full recharge on a mains adapter. This helps keep the battery fresh and can actually help the battery maintain its charge for a longer period of time over the lifespan of the battery.

If you follow these suggestions and monitor usage, you can then see exactly how much your 'standard' usage is. You can then turn back on items one at a time to see the effect of them.

Failing all, then a replacement battery seems to be a good idea.

Draining the battery once a month, as recommended by Apple, is meant to keep battery calibration accurate. AFAIK, it doesn't have anything to do with helping the battery maintain a charge.

If any iPad 3 already needs a battery replacement, it would have a defective battery, covered by iPad's standard one-year warranty. That coverage might be for two years in some European countries.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Draining the battery once a month, as recommended by Apple, is meant to keep battery calibration accurate. AFAIK, it doesn't have anything to do with helping the battery maintain a charge.

A question.

If it keeps battery calibration accurate, what happens if calibration is NOT accurate.

Would that not mean that the recharging routine would cease prematurely, i.e. before actual full charge had been reached, as the routine would be working on bad data and would erroneously sense that it had reached full charge?

Might this then affect the apparent low usage time?

Interested to hear your thoughts and of anyone else with an electrical turn of mind.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Some web pages state that the 100% indicator may not actually be a full charge !

Do a google search for ipad battery charging issues to see more info.

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some web pages state that the 100% indicator may not actually be a full charge !

Do a google search for ipad battery charging issues to see more info.

There was a bunch of such reporting when iPad 3 came out months ago. Apple responded:

Apple: iPad 3 battery gauge works as expected | ZDNet

You can Google for more if you like. Whether you choose to believe Apple is up to you, too, of course.

Most reactions

Latest posts