What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ios 6 app store

keirbrook

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pls can someone help. If you go into purchases in the new App Store it won't remove them. Does anyone know the solution to this annoying problem. Before you just did the left to right swipe.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't understand why people want to remove items from the purchased tab, after all it should be a list of all the apps you have ever purchased. It's not like people should be constantly going into purchases, just every now and then. I find it handy if I need to reload an app I may have removed for space or because I was not using it.

Anyway to answer the question, it looks to me that you cannot currently remove apps from the purchased tab.

OP
K

keirbrook

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok thanks any way it's the only pet hate I have lol

MarySC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to remove them because I use Tapjoy to earn points in several games and get free apps that I have no interest in keeping! I hate that I can't delete them anymore.

MarySC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can do it in iTunes. I found these instructions on another forum and they got me where I needed to be.

For Windows:
Launch iTunes on the computer your device is synced to.
Choose Store/Home from the menu.
Choose AppStore at the top.
Choose Purchases from the list on the right.
Choose Apps near the top.
Choose All at top right.
Choose iPhone or iPad top middle; you will see all the app icons.
Holding the mouse over an icon will reveal the cross in the corner to hide that app.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They make it hard to delete the apps because people frequently get upset, and delete an app. Then they find out that the app has been updated into something better, and they do not have it available. If they make it hard to delete, then no one can claim they did not know what they were doing by deleting it.

Most reactions