What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 6 app store problem

Abmalaso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm an app junkie. With the new app store it appears you can no longer see recently updated apps. Under the old app store I could select a category, such as games, then select recently added. This would show me all the games that have been recently added to as far back as you would like to go. With IOS 6 it appears you can't do this. Categories isn't an option at the bottom of the screen. You can select featured, and then choose a category, but there is no option to display recently added. The only place you can find an option for recently added is if you do a search. I could search for chess and then select recently added for chess. But I like to see all newly added apps daily for the category I select. If I was a developer I would be extremely upset, how would anyone be able to do a search for an app they don't know exist? To me not being able to keep up with new apps is a much bigger dissapointment of losing Google maps. Is there something I'm missing? Is there a work around? I think Apple went with form over function on this update.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
After you select a category from the top (using the More tab if necessary) the first list is New. They seem to have seperated it from What's Hot list. You can tap on See All at the top right of the list to see more apps.However, it only goes back a couple of days. I'm gathering this replaces the old recently added/updated apps.

For some reason the newest are at the bottom, not the top.

You have to select a sub-catagory in Games to see the New list.

They've made similar changes on the computer version of iTunes, but it lets you go back further.

Most reactions

Latest posts