What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 6.1 for iPad 3 condition?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Barçamad said:
Naughty, naughty! Even the best of us are allowed an off day :(
Hope you continue to enjoy the forum as I do. Nice to see a Canadian (?) with some knowledge of the game, :)
Mike

I remember when Peter Bonetti used to keep goal for Chelsea. Does that age me?

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I updated to 6.1 and everything is working fine(except not to mention:no youtube app.)....its better than the previous ones.
Yes, what's happened there? I have only just checked due to your post and it has disappeared. I checked App Store and it is in there but is not available for download as it already shows I have it. Search for You Tube and the app shows 'OPEN'.

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, what's happened there? I have only just checked due to your post and it has disappeared. I checked App Store and it is in there but is not available for download as it already shows I have it. Search for You Tube and the app shows 'OPEN'.
Please forget this as I have just found the You Tube app, doh!
I had placed it in the wrong folder.

louwin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I seem to have an issue with the App Store on my iPad 3.

I seem to have 1 App that needs updating permanently. When I go in to update, it takes a long time but then says it cannot connect with the App Store.

I have installed new Apps AND updated others with no problems. :)

All this since updating to 6.1, my iPhone 3GS works okay though.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
louwin said:
I seem to have an issue with the App Store on my iPad 3.

I seem to have 1 App that needs updating permanently. When I go in to update, it takes a long time but then says it cannot connect with the App Store.

I have installed new Apps AND updated others with no problems. :)

All this since updating to 6.1, my iPhone 3GS works okay though.

Have you tried deleting the app, then re-installing it?

louwin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no idea which App it is. :(

Like I said the home screen says there is 1 App that needs updating. I load the the App Store icon and it sits on the blank screen forever.

If I press one of the other buttons, like Featured, it shows the screen for that. I can search for something and install something - all okay.

If I press the 1 update icon it just sits there....

No time do I know what the App is. :(

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
louwin said:
I have no idea which App it is. :(

Like I said the home screen says there is 1 App that needs updating. I load the the App Store icon and it sits on the blank screen forever.

If I press one of the other buttons, like Featured, it shows the screen for that. I can search for something and install something - all okay.

If I press the 1 update icon it just sits there....

No time do I know what the App is. :(

Have you tried a hard reset? To do so, press and hold the power and home buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, then release. When the iPad turns on,see if the phantom update still appears.

louwin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just did. :)

But it didn't fix anything.

I had done it before but I thought I would do it there and then. :(

The phantom update is still there, sorry to say....

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How about going to the AppStore, scrolling to the bottom of the page, signing out, then back in again.

image-1971900058.jpg

image-4289719340.jpgSee if this works.

louwin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for you help but, I'm sorry to say, it didn't work. :(

I signed out. Went back to your message to reread it. Went back to Appstore. Pressed "Sign in". It gave me the three options. I tapped the first. Nothing happened. So I signed in again. This time it asked for my apple id and pw.

I entered these. Found and installed a free App "text on image" all okay. The 1 was still there. Pressed update and sat with the blank screen for about 4 minutes then entered this response....

Is it time to make a genius appointment?

louwin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For general info, the genius restored the OS.

The stuck update cleared immediately but EVERYTHING else has to be restored from this morning's iCloud backup.been at it fot 3 hours so far. :(

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm glad your stuck app update problem has been solved. Thanks for letting us know.

Most reactions

Latest posts