iOS 6.1.2 about to be released?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by Ulrich, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Source: Exchange, passcode bugs reportedly squashed in upcoming iOS 6.1.2 | Ars Technica

You may want to update to iOS 6.1 (and jailbreak) if you have not already...

2. willerz2

willerz2
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    It's most likely a hotfix yet again, meaning the Evasi0n exploits are still working with it. Have to wait until the release to see if it's definitely the case or not.

3. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    To add the usual caution (that we add every time a release is imminent): Never upgrade to a new iOS version until/unless the jail break developers (in this case, the evasi0n team) specifically state it is safe to do so. Even if its "just" from iOS 6.1 to iOS 6.1.2

So, yes, if you are on the fence about jail breaking, do move to iOS 6.1. You don't have to jail break your iPad - but you should be at the most current version that has been verified to HAVE a jail break while you decide; you don't want to be caught out...

This may all be nothing and the next iOS version may be as easily jail broken. But, we don't know. So, be safe - not sorry.

Marilyn

4. Inked adrenaline

Inked adrenaline
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    And if its just minor fixes what's the point my ipad/iphone5 are running perfect. I feel no need to upgrade and re-set everything up...

5. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
  6. Inked adrenaline

Inked adrenaline
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Have they said if you can jb 6.1.2 yet?

7. TheRambler

TheRambler
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Thanks Received:
    It will take time to run through all the checks, give them time, they'll let us know soon enough.

8. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm sure it will be announced in the iOS 6 jailbreak status thread as soon as it's known that it's safe to update.

9. willerz2

willerz2
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    It's still jailbreakable using the Evasi0n exploit. v1.4 is up on the site

#9 willerz2, Feb 19, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  10. Rolleicord

Rolleicord
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I don't undersand the Apple signing thing. If someone can clarify this for me.

I have an ipad 3, which is still IOS ver 6.0.2 non jailbreak (also ipad mini IOS 6.1 JB). If I upgrade my ipad 3 firmware after apple stopped signing 6.1 via Itunes with usb cable, will itune upgrade my firmware direct to 6.1.2 (bypassing 6.1 and 6.1.1)? Or it will be 6.1 then 6.1.1, then 6.1.2?

If I didn't upgrade IOS all, and apple closes the signing window, will I be stuck at 6.0.2 forever? Will it be compulsory to upgrade, and by not upgrading, apple closes you out completely for any future upgrades?

So worst case scenario, I should save the blob for my ipad 3, so that I can DFU to IOS 6.1 (which is jailbreakable) even after the signing windows closed? But the blob thingy, so far this a just a precautionary measure as method to utilize the blobs have not been cracked yet for IOS 6? So confused ...:eek:

Thank you.