What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ios 6.0.1

maPaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I regretted updating mine. While downloading my screen turned into shaky red screen. It went away but resurfaced and stayed. I brought it to the Apple store but was told they could not do anything but a trade in for $269. Up to now I am still very upset:mad:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I regretted updating mine. While downloading my screen turned into shaky red screen. It went away but resurfaced and stayed. I brought it to the Apple store but was told they could not do anything but a trade in for $269. Up to now I am still very upset:mad:

That sounds like a hardware prob unrelated to iOS.

KS Gopal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Updated to 6.0.1 recently and find the following changes:
1.YouTube app is removed.
Solution: Installed Youtube app designed for Iphone
2.Google Maps replaced by Apple Maps.
Not used so far
3.WiFi internet: Very slow page loading post upgradation.
Ortherwise its just fine.

iPad2,Black,WiFi,3G and 32GB

Last edited:

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, iOS 6.0(.1) is here. Let's skim the pros+cons once again.......
Pros.
-Siri for iPad 3+later, new iPod, iPhone, etc... Plus new features, improvements. Etc.
-FaceTime over 3GS.
-Clock app for iPad. Alarms, world clock, etc.
-Facebook integration into the Apple iPhone iPod iPad iOS operating system UI.
-iPhone panorama w/Camera.app
-inserting photos in mail
-more iCloud.
-over 200 of these features.
-etc...
Con.
The 'obvious' bunch:
-no YouTube. Solution: download YouTube.app OR MY PREFERRED SOLUTION: m.youtube.com, mobile version o/ YouTube.
-Crappy maps. Solution: erm, closest solutions. Maps.google.com, Waze, MotionX etc.
Other cons.
-App store + iTunes: some gripes about layout, especially search on App Store. Some experience white screen when searching due to laginess, etc.
-Your con of choice here, etc.
-etc...

Summary, is it worth it?
Read through the pros plus cons. It depends on how you use iOS device...
Case closed! All iOS 6 questions "pros+cons." solved.

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

BurntOrangeOnly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTunes 10.7 and iOS 6.0.1, neither of my iDevices will wirelessly sync reliably and usually not at all. This was never a problem prior to iOS 6. "It just works" is pure marketing BS.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
BurntOrangeOnly said:
iTunes 10.7 and iOS 6.0.1, neither of my iDevices will wirelessly sync reliably and usually not at all. This was never a problem prior to iOS 6. "It just works" is pure marketing BS.

Have you updated the firmware on your wifi router? Sometimes an earlier firmware can cause problems connecting to and maintaining a good wifi connection.

BurntOrangeOnly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. No, I have not changed the router firmware. None of my devices (iOS or Windows) show any issues with communicating except when trying to sync with iTunes. Syncing worked correctly with the exact same network prior to iOS 6. It's kind of hard to believe that this one change would require a complete network firmware upgrade. Again, thank you for your response.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Keep watching this thread, another member may be along with another answer that could help.

Most reactions

Latest posts