What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ios 6.0.1

cruiser111

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you updated to it? How's it working on your iPad 2?
(Sorry, title should read iOS.)

Last edited:

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Still have yet to update, will post when I finally get around to it :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

rlapoint

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not really worth the trouble. Wait until 6.1 comes along and MAYBE the maps will be fixed.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not really worth the trouble. Wait until 6.1 comes along and MAYBE the maps will be fixed.

Interested to know what the trouble is with the update that you are referring to? Apple have put a lot of effort into iTunes and OTA updates over the years to make the processes trouble-free in the majority of cases. That's not to say folks don't run into trouble, but it is the exception rather than the rule... If you do have a problem MAYBE the members of the forum can help? ;)

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
cruiser111 said:
Have you updated to it? How's it working on your iPad 2?
(Sorry, title should read iOS.)

I upgraded yesterday and all has been well. I don't think the upgrades did much for me personally but I always take the updates and have never been worse off that before. Still chugging away with my now two generations old iPad 2. :)

iPad2 32GB WiFi / iOS 6.0

ogilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The upgrade has worked just fine for me. No issues at all.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

D

Deleted member 247820

My 3G connection stopped working soon after the upgrade.

I had to rewrite in the VPN name, then user name and password.
Was it a co-incidence?
Maybe, I don't know for sure.

pogonogo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Upgraded yesterday 5/11 battery only lasted 4 hrs and now will not charge, any ideas??????? battery was perfect beforehand

oberkc

iPF Novice
Reaction score
After waiting a bit, I updated to 6.0.1. Besides the lack of the google maps, I have yet to notice any difference (no benefit, no harm) for the things that I do on an iPad. Unless there is a specific feature you are looking for, or looking to keep, I see no reason to upgrade or not to upgrade.

OP
cruiser111

cruiser111

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh well. Updated to 6.0.1 from 5.1.1. No problems so far. Do like the usage numbers now provided. Also noticed when turning on wifi, used to have to tap 'linksys', but now it does it for me. Since most of the other items updated don't interest me, everything else is about the same.

Reckon I'm glad I updated and probably won't be as hesitant to trust Apple in the future.

Thanks for your input.

phil8715

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hate it. If I could downgrade to 5.1.1 without getting nagging screens to upgrade to 6.0.1.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
phil8715 said:
I hate it. If I could downgrade to 5.1.1 without getting nagging screens to upgrade to 6.0.1.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Unless you actually go to the software update page in settings, all you're going to see is the red update button on the settings icon or a grey button in Settings>General>Software Update.

nunezcore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.nunezcore.com
I updated and trust me your not missing much it does look a bit improved (design wise) on the music player and has a few more features however if you don't mind the Maps app then sure you should upgrade.

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Upgrade both iPad and iPhone 3GS to 6.0.1 and battery life seems to have gone way downhill. I'm not a heavy phone user but I'm lucky if it lasts two days. iPad seems almost as bad.

Most reactions