What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 6.0.1 released by Apple - Jailbreakers Beware!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple has just released IOS 6.0.1 for OTA and iTunes update. Anyone interested in potentially jailbreaking their iPad2, 3, 4, or Mini, in the future is advised to steer well clear of this update until such time you hear it is safe to install:D

And don't forget to save those blobs! ;)

Last edited:
OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, and before I forget, IOS 6.1 beta has just been seeded to developers for testing... :)

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In an interesting twist, it appears as though the 6.0 signing window is already closed, around 8 hours after release if I'm not mistaken (just verified with my iPhone5 when trying to restore 6.0 and received an unexpected "Device not eligible for requested build" message), meaning Apple are tightening up on SHSH Blobs signing Windows... :(

Fortunately, I followed my own advice and saved my iPhone5 SHSH Blobs around 2 hours ago using redsn0w when the Window was still open! :D

Last edited:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
All the more reason for interested parties to keep a very close eye on the hacking section.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Confirmed by @musclenerd (so it's official :)), the 6.0 signing window is well and truly closed, so if you have not saved your SHSH Blobs for 6.0 yet, it is now too late :(

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A lot going on at the moment for the jb developers with ipad 4, ipad mini, iphone 5 and ios6+ I suppose...

Kerean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just checking, assuming it was yesterday where the 6.0 blobs were still open and I was on 5.1.1 not wanting to go to 6.0 because it is still unjailbreakable, how do I get the signed blobs without upgrading to 6.0?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kerean said:
Just checking, assuming it was yesterday where the 6.0 blobs were still open and I was on 5.1.1 not wanting to go to 6.0 because it is still unjailbreakable, how do I get the signed blobs without upgrading to 6.0?

You can only get blobs for an iOS version you are currently on and only while Apple is still signing that version. Apple is no longer signing iOS 6, so there is now no way to get the blobs if you don't already have them.

jwjohnson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tiny Umbrella wasn't updated for the iPad 4 until after the 6.0 signing window closed, so no 6.0 blobs for me on that device. I was able to save the 6.0 blobs for my iPad 2 before the closure.

Ampress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
You can only get blobs for an iOS version you are currently on and only while Apple is still signing that version. Apple is no longer signing iOS 6, so there is now no way to get the blobs if you don't already have them.

My iPad2 is on 4.3.3 yet Cydia says I have the blobs for 5.0.1, 5.1 and 5.1.1 but I was never on those iOSs. Today Cydia says I have blobs for 6.0.1 as well.

Two questions arise - how were these blobs saved without any intervention by me and why were blobs for 6.0 not saved?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ampress said:
My iPad2 is on 4.3.3 yet Cydia says I have the blobs for 5.0.1, 5.1 and 5.1.1 but I was never on those iOSs. Today Cydia says I have blobs for 6.0.1 as well.

Two questions arise - how were these blobs saved without any intervention by me and why were blobs for 6.0 not saved?

Read the posts at the end if this thread, apparently you can save blobs for a version if iOS you were never on.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hack...ad-2-4-3-update-5-1-1-jailbreak-possible.html

Most reactions

Latest posts