What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ios 5

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe completely of topic, but with a new os how does a developer test for bugs? For instance if I made an app to work on 4.3.3 and then loaded it on os5 and on startup it crashed, how would one find out what crashed it? Is there like a debugging log that states what part of the code crashed?

I havent made an app Just interested that was all, wondering if you or anybody knows about that sort of thing.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
addiosamigo said:
Maybe completely of topic, but with a new os how does a developer test for bugs? For instance if I made an app to work on 4.3.3 and then loaded it on os5 and on startup it crashed, how would one find out what crashed it? Is there like a debugging log that states what part of the code crashed?

I havent made an app Just interested that was all, wondering if you or anybody knows about that sort of thing.

Every device has a crash log. But only devs and apple can access it. it tells what the CPU was processing at the time. Similar to the console function of the iPhone configuration utility which is available to devs and non devs.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cool! What do you think of iOS 5? Is it buggy? I'm going to give it a try tonight!

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oooh, man! I am so looking forward to this (from the Apple web site):

"AirPlay Mirroring for iPad 2: Wow your audience in the board room, classroom, or living room. AirPlay now supports video mirroring. Which means you can wirelessly — and securely — stream whatever’s on your iPad 2 to your HDTV via Apple TV. Everyone in the room sees exactly what’s on your iPad display up there on the big screen — even when you rotate iPad from portrait to landscape or zoom in and out on photos."

I got an iPad2 for my mom. One of the main reasons was so I could get her to watch Netflix and the like (so I could reduce my darn cable bill for those dang movie channels!). Yes, she could mirror onto the HDTV, but she either had to sit by the TV or I had to have one heck of a long cord for her to sit in her chair and control the iPad2.

Now look! Wireless! Guess I'm going to be buying an AirPlay...

So cool...

Marilyn

Sounds like this is only iPad 2 compatible? Not happy over that....

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
y2kgtp said:
Sounds like this is only iPad 2 compatible? Not happy over that....

Yes it's only for iPad 2. I'm not happy either, but it may be hardware related. iPad 1 may not be able to handle it.

Well, either some ability will be added to Jailbreak iPads, or it should work with iPhone's at least. we plan on getting the next revision when they eventually release them, so I assume here they would be compatible with Apple TV.

Most reactions