iOS 5 won't send a verifying email when I add another email address

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Expidia, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Expidia

Expidia iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I thought I had it set up under Gmail OK but when I tried to add another email address it won't send out the email for verification. I think I also had this issue when I set up the Gmail address. I do have my Apple ID correct at the top of the page.

Any solutions?

I find no mention in the iOS 5 user guide or a forum search.

2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 1
    I wasn't quite sure what you mean 'it won't send out the email for verification'. Do you mean that the email is not sent to both or either email address or that a 'verifying' copy is not put into the Sent folder?

Tim

3. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +443 / 0
    If you mean you're trying to create a new Gmail account, I'd create it in Safari or other browser and and ask for verfication via a text msg via phone. Once I'd finished creating it and entering the code in the browser, I'd add the account to my iPad via Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars. At least that's how I've done it repeatedly, but I don't know whether you're trying to accomplish something else.

4. Expidia

Expidia iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I think I have it figured out. I found that in order to send a message to another iPad one needs to use their Apple ID.
    The lower section where you add an email address is for sending a "read" receipt. That's the one which had my email address already in there from when I first set it up.
    When I tried to use a 2nd email address it just said verifying with the spinning circle but it never sends or I don't receive the verifying email.
    Maybe it can only hold one email address at a time. I deleted the Gmail one and now it only has my Yahoo account which is the way I want it.

Have not had enough users send me messages yet to see how well the message module works. I did like using BB messaging module when I owned a BB but since I don't have 3G it is not going to be as efficient as it was to use on my BB.

Thx for both of your responses. I was not able to find much in the way of help with the iOS5 messaging app.