What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 5 WIFI SYNC Does not work for me

RC52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I can not get the new WIFI SYNC to work between my IPAD 2 and NETBOOK.

I am seeing issues with BONJOUR on the NETBOOK and think the issue is there. I believe I have correct firewall settings.

I am running Win 7 Starter on the netbook and think that is the problem.

Has anyone got the WIFI SYNC working against WIN 7 STARTER edition.

Thanks in advance,
Richard

fischmanr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Make sure you have tcp port 3689 and udp port 5353 open on any firewall software. If you are using windows firewall make sure that iTunes and bonjour have full access for incoming apps. On mcafee I found that I had to create the rule and trust it for all addresses because mcafee doesn't properly understand multicast addresses used by bonjour

OP
R

RC52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The doco i read stated to only to open udp 5353, I have not seen anything about the tcp port so will give it a go.

Thanks for the reply.

RC

OP
R

RC52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried the top port but no joy.

Are you using win 7 starter as think that is the problem. It is a cut down version of win 7.
I can upgrade to full version but not worth it for just this facility.

My wife's gear syncs to her Mac with no problems and my iPad will find it, so just the netbook.

RC

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hook your iPad up like you normally would sync. After the intial sync, under Summary/options, make sure that the top three boxes are checked. Then click on Apply.

OP
R

RC52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hook your iPad up like you normally would sync. After the intial sync, under Summary/options, make sure that the top three boxes are checked. Then click on Apply.
Been doing that all along

I have set up a MAC ok, it is just thenWIN 7 starter version I reckon.

RC

Davemoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have read a lot about this and no-one seems to have nailed this so I thought I would take a look.

The cause of the problem appears to be a service tha runs in windows called the "Apple mobile service" the service gets started during boot but requires network to work. If you are using a wireless network adapter the changes are that this won't be connected when the service starts. This results in iTunes not being able to find your device.

The simple fix is to boot up the machine, login and then go into the service manager (right click on my computer, select manage and then select services and applications). Right click the service called Apple Mobile Device and select restart. Do this BEFORE you run iTunes.

When you run iTunes your device will appear and sync.

Please post back of this fix works

D

Temp31

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Make sure you have tcp port 3689 and udp port 5353 open on any firewall software. If you are using windows firewall make sure that iTunes and bonjour have full access for incoming apps. On mcafee I found that I had to create the rule and trust it for all addresses because mcafee doesn't properly understand multicast addresses used by bonjour
Try this. Should get you going!

frankjg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would like to know how you figured this out as it worked perfectly on 3 of my windows/Mac systems I did have to make sure the auto load of iTunes was disables at boot. Thanks ever so much.

Frank

Kenmore, Wa

pashcool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
not working for me

i have open the ports on my router
switch off the windows firewall
click the things on itunes but nada as i disconnect the ipad from the pc i cant sync
any ideas?

Reaction score
Davemoore,
I have registered on the forum explicitly to thank you for this advice.
Good luck.
Arthur

I have read a lot about this and no-one seems to have nailed this so I thought I would take a look.

The cause of the problem appears to be a service tha runs in windows called the "Apple mobile service" the service gets started during boot but requires network to work. If you are using a wireless network adapter the changes are that this won't be connected when the service starts. This results in iTunes not being able to find your device.

The simple fix is to boot up the machine, login and then go into the service manager (right click on my computer, select manage and then select services and applications). Right click the service called Apple Mobile Device and select restart. Do this BEFORE you run iTunes.

When you run iTunes your device will appear and sync.

Please post back of this fix works

D

Most reactions

Latest posts