What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5- what would you like to see for iPad?

ShellyC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Multiple Email Users on one iPad

My partner and I share an iPad - we would both like to set up our email but ther does not appear to be a facility where we can each use it by entering our own password. If you know different please let me know. Thanks

DDustiNN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is simple: Arrow keys. I want to be able to easily move the cursor when I'm typing, without going through the hassle of selecting whole words, etc. It's by far the most irritating thing I've encountered when using my iPad.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now that I have seen Honeycomb for Android, iOS5 better be RIDICULOUS and better divert completely from previous iterations. I highly doubt Apple does it, but they just have to do something to respond to what Google is bringing. If they come up and introduce the new iPad with iOS5 now with facetime, a faster processor, more memory, etc and no significant change to the UI, I think they will go from having the massive lead to playing catchup. I cannot imagine them allowing that to happen, but on the other hand I can't envision them doing that they would need to do to stay in the lead.

woodturner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For me, I want to be able to play with my photo albums on the ipdad and the most is Flash......I know that will never happen:)

Woodturner.

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would love to have the ability to create and manage my own folders in the email app. I would also like to have a math editor---something like MathType.

matt_90036

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now that I have seen Honeycomb for Android, iOS5 better be RIDICULOUS.

I agree. I'm afraid thou that in April we will have to start a thread " which android tablet is good for me?" I seriously doubt that jobs will open up the file system.

ipadzombie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would love the option to add the date next to the time on the title bar (or whatever that top bar is called).

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipadzombie said:
I would love the option to add the date next to the time on the title bar (or whatever that top bar is called).

Yes that would be extremely helpful.

Victguja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipadzombie said:

I would also like to have this and the hour as a world clock being able to select at least two locations to be displayed.

Last edited:

Victguja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to have the possibility to put side by side on the screen any two apps that i have opened on the multitasking bar. I would like to be able to copy and paste from one to the other, if the application allows copy paste.

I would like to access the multitasking bar with gestures or tap. I switch quite often and is very unconfortable to have to click continuously twice, a part the concern of a limited (even if probably very large) number of clicks before breaking the switch.
May be a tend popping up with some gesture would be the most confortable.

I would like to have a unique copy of a file accessible to all apps.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Quite simply, badge support for the Calendar icon so I can see at a glance how many appointments I have today. Still can't believe IOS doesn't have this!

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Now that I have seen Honeycomb for Android, iOS5 better be RIDICULOUS.

I agree. I'm afraid thou that in April we will have to start a thread " which android tablet is good for me?" I seriously doubt that jobs will open up the file system.

Sorry, I hope when the new Android Tablets become available, there will be another forum that you all can migrate to and set up your own threads on which one to get. In so doing, you all will have your very own forum to exthol the wonderfully open file system, the flash capable apps, the ubs and extra memory ports, the extra cameras, etc.

And when an iPad owner comes on to your forum and starts to denigrate your beloved Android tablet, you too will have the satisfaction of calling that iPad owner a troll, a fanboi, an Android wannabe...:D

Most reactions