iOS 5 vs Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by rickyricardo, Aug 16, 2011.

1. rickyricardo

rickyricardo
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Okay, granted I am a newbie to Apple products. I got my ipad 2 in April, I could have jailbroken it, but at the time i didnt know anything about that. So I wound up missing the boat on jailbreaking and I am kicking myself in the butt every day over that. But............lately I have been reading up and watching videos on iOS 5 and its arrival looks pretty exciting. So my question is, without me knowing anything about Cydia apps, is jailbreaking really that much better than the 200 new features that iOS 5 claims? I am not trying to bash jailbreaking I just honestly want to know, "is it really that much better?"

Thanks for any replies.

2. graywolf

graywolf
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    iOS 5 + jailbreak = awesomeness

3. peled

peled
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    As of now, it seems to me that 4.3.3+JB is better then ios5.
    True. Apple copied some of the JB Tweaks, at least partially.
    But as soon as ios 5.0 will be out, you will see some new tweaks and app on JB, that will either mimic V 5.0 , or make them better.
    Thing is, I am sure that Apple will manage the memory much better on V5, then a V4-JB.

One thing is sure. Who ever missed the window of JB on 4.3.3 , made a Big mistake. Big, Big, Big Mistake.
    Besides. Seems to me that v5 will be cleaned and ready only through Sep 2011.
    Till then we will enjoy JB-Tweaks and APP's

4. guthrien

guthrien
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I think it's worth hoping that iOS 5 will get jailbroken and you won't have to choose. It's a dedicated community filled with some geniuses.

5. rickyricardo

rickyricardo
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    This is actually what I am hoping for.

6. mobi1

mobi1
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    You can do many things with jailbroken iPad which Apple won't allow even in iOS 10 :D

7. rickyricardo

rickyricardo
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I have no reason to doubt you but please give me 5 of those things comparable to say things like, the new tab feature, notifications, itext...................

8. mobi1

mobi1
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Jail breaking allows you to access iPad's file system and become root user. Then you can bypass appstore and install any app you want as you install programs in Windows computer.
    §- Never suggest to users seeking advice on jailbreaking that piracy is a benefit of jailbreaking on these forums -§
    Of course we are not discussing whether it is ethical or not to install apps in this way but the fact is you can do it if you want.

#8 mobi1, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2011
  9. rickyricardo

rickyricardo
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:

I see.

10. S65AMG

S65AMG
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    although i am using 4.3.3 + JB on my ipad, i will update to iOS 5 when it is release. because it contains most of the basic JB features i am currently using. but if iOS 5 can be JB then i will still JB my ipad