What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5 or not iOS 5? that is the POLL question

iOS 5 or not iOS 5 (& 5.x)

• All installed. Love it.

Votes: 17 73.9%
  • All installed. Not happy.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not yet installed, but planning to.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Not yet installed, not planning to

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
I'm hearing many negative comments on the latest iOS 5 and 5.1 updates. Ok, peeps always complain more than praise, but I'm curious what's the norm.

Personaly, I've upgraded and am glad I have. Not 1 complaint.

What's your take?

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I upgraded our IOS devices in the first hours and did not encounter any issues. There are enough resources and support to help people with less than ideal experiences. You can not hesitate in moving forward.Currently we are enjoying 5.0.1 and will be ready for the next upgrade.

OP
sjleworthy

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Agreed. I really think moving forward is a nessecity. Why it should suit 1 iPad and not another I don't know. I had a few simple troubles installing where icons moved around and different apps were not installed, but nothing a bit of fiddling couldn't solve.

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I do prefer the upgrade. I LOVE notification center and iCloud, but my iPad is significantly slower because of it. For some reason I need to open any iWork apps twice now because it always crashes the first time (even with no apps running in the background), when I open my calendar, it is blank, but if I change months and change back it will show my events. Just minor things really.

Overall I prefer iOS 5 over 4.3, but I seriously hope these issues get resolved.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yup, lot of hassles but I love it now. Especially multi gestures on iPad, notifications, iMessages, shortcuts, and on ios 5.0.1 music app mainly stable but still crashing on album cover art but at least I can close app in background now without resetting.

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm plenty happy with it. I upgraded immediately (something I avoid with my main computer) but have had no reason to regret it.

macnutt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm hearing many negative comments on the latest iOS 5 and 5.1 updates. Ok, peeps always complain more than praise, but I'm curious what's the norm.

Personaly, I've upgraded and am glad I have. Not 1 complaint.

What's your take?

I don't get it. If it's so great why are so many saying this don 't work and that don't work after they download it. Is it just because some people just have to have the latest thing whether it's better or not? I've even seen people complaining about the update.

For me, I'll wait till all the complaints stop. No hurry! I can do all I need to do with my current version.

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally I like my iPad 2 the way it is without the update, especially the Music App. The added functions that iOS5 brings just aren't enough for me to alter our iPads and deal with the hassles people have reported. I do understand the whole "keeping up with things" perspective. But I'm going to leave things the way they are now and maybe Apple will address some of the "issues" in later updates. I should add that having just purchased new iPhone 4s for both my wife and I made the decision easier as we can do some of the things on them that iOS5 would've allowed on our iPads.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have not upgraded yet ~ but soon. I will NOT be happy though if I have lots of problems!

Just sayin'...

smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-077.gif

vincentsrose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love iOS 5
The pros far outweigh the cons.

Pro;Tabbed browsing
Con; Stanza no longer works :(

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Through any difficulties I have learned something different and new. Some of the complaints are the results of people not following directions or looking for short cuts. My experience with all the updates have been both challenging and fun thus i can now resolve most issues. As Howard Shultz CEO of Starbucks said:
" Onward".

Most reactions

Latest posts