What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ios 5 music app problem

lerx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone had this problem? I have to close the music app and then reopen it then it is normal. I am running iOS 5.0.1 (iPad 1)

Attachments

• image-2488240924.png
    image-2488240924.png
    48.9 KB · Views: 440

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh hell yeah! It's the cover art! I thought the new ios5.1 update would fix it but it still does this on mine. No, is the answer to your next question. We have to wait for next update. Have a look at the "Anybody else wondering why they made the changes to the iPod app in IOS5.0" thread. I'll have to look for full title.

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Last edited:
OP
lerx

lerx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh hell yeah! It's the cover art! I thought the new ios5.1 update would fix it but it still does this on mine. No, is the answer to your next question. We have to wait for next update. Have a look at the "Anybody else wondering why they made the changes to the iPod app in IOS5.0" thread. I'll have to look for full title.

So you got the same problem too?

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, I have to double tap home button to get the apps that are open at the bottom (or swipe with four fingers)and then I turn off the iPod app by holding it until it jiggles and then deleting it. This clears the problem but it can do it again although not every time. I think it's a bug but at least I can clear it by doing the above. Before the ios5.1 update, I had to reset the iPad. So clearly they must know there is a problem and corrected it. If you look at the thread I suggested, you will see that Richsadams, myself and other members are all not happy with this new music app. We live in hope of the future corrections.

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Also I lost lyrics with the update - ipad2

OP
lerx

lerx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I have to double tap home button to get the apps that are open at the bottom (or swipe with four fingers)and then I turn off the iPod app by holding it until it jiggles and then deleting it. This clears the problem but it can do it again although not every time. I think it's a bug but at least I can clear it by doing the above. Before the ios5.1 update, I had to reset the iPad. So clearly they must know there is a problem and corrected it. If you look at the thread I suggested, you will see that Richsadams, myself and other members are all not happy with this new music app. We live in hope of the future corrections.

Ok thanks love the new safari but hate the new music app :(

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, Zipur is right, lyrics went and I just hated the disappearance of that. I love adding lyrics to songs so I have to rely on my iPhone now for that which is really stupid. I'm not sure the music app had a lot of thought put into it. I would have thought the iPod app would the king of all apps in Apple land as that was the killer app in the early days.

Most reactions

Latest posts