What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5 Multitasking Gestures - iPad 1?

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Done!! I know, I know! I was excited with the gestures on iPad.

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Got the update! Only took 3 tries for the download to finish and the installation went smoothly. Location services an multi gestures enabled! Apple servers will stay busy I imagine.

greasemuntney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One good thing is these updates are only around 55 mb for the 4S and 45 mb for the i4/3gS so this will be a lot easier on the Apple server than a 600-800 mb update.

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
greasemuntney said:
One good thing is these updates are only around 55 mb for the 4S and 45 mb for the i4/3gS so this will be a lot easier on the Apple server than a 600-800 mb update.

I'm glad to read that since I'm on dialup. I may update mine tonight instead of going into town for a 600+mb download.
One of these days they'll move town (900 ppl) closer.

Sent from my iPad using iPF - Peace

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks Hayley I'm away too
Happy multi gesturing
Learning all the new stuff it's great

inchman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just updated my iPad and my wife's iPad 2 to ios 5.0.1, and can't get multitasking gestures to work on either one of them.

I went to the settings, selected general and turned on multitasking gestures. Am I missing something? It doesn't work on either iPad. Help.

Last edited:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try resetting iPad. Press sleep button and home button together until it asks you if you want close. Slide to close then when screen goes black without circling in centre, press the two buttons again in synch until apple sign reappears. It should reset itself. I had to reset router but that is just me and my iPad.

Sent from my fantastically wonderful witiPhone using iPF

inchman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
inchman said:
I just updated my iPad and my wife's iPad 2 to ios 5.0.1, and can't get multitasking gestures to work on either one of them.

I went to the settings, selected general and turned on multitasking gestures. Am I missing something? It doesn't work on either iPad. Help.

Oops! Just figured it out. I didn't realize that you had to use 4 or 5 fingers for ALL of the gestures. Thought that only referred to the pinch gesture to get back to the desktop.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hee hee. Glad you sorted it. We have all done something like that.

Sent from my fantastically wonderful witiPhone using iPF

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well I found that the iPad update from 5.0 to 5.0.1 is about 716 megs. I'll be checking on the iPhone 4 update in a little while.
I hope the iPhone update is quite smaller.

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Getting the update via Settings->General->Software Updates gives me the lower MB option for both the iPad and iPhone. I should have thought of that first. :)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fid said:
Getting the update via Settings->General->Software Updates gives me the lower MB option for both the iPad and iPhone. I should have thought of that first. :)

Going OTA is only the delta. iTunes is the full thing! ;)

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks f4780y. Since I'm on dial up I'll take the delta update anytime. Even the free wifi at the local library would take about six or seven hours to download the 700+ MB full update. At least there's no time limit with the library wifi.

Most reactions

Latest posts