What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5 manual

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Has anyone come across a owners manual explaining the new software yet.

davidfarnf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for a manual for my mother who has just got an iPad2 and will be updating to IOS5 as soon as it becomes available (?). Does anyone know of a good publication which will take someone with NO computing experience or understanding, through her early days with the iPad?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try the free iPad User Manual for iOS5 (or the earlier version of the operating system, if that's what you have). It's written with the non-technical person in mind. It's in the iBooks store. iOS5 is available right now - but be sure you've upgraded your PC or Mac to the latest version of iTunes.

Tim

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
davidfarnf said:
Where can you get it as my apple website would suggest otherwise?

I just got it. Do a search for "iOS for iPad" in the iBook store.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

stevnim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got both the iPad and iPhone User Guide for iOS 5. Surprisingly, even though it is one OS, there are many differences between the two devices. Things like weather, stocks and many other features are only on the iPhone.

-stevnim

davidfarnf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Isn't it interesting how the answer about setting up an ipad or modem, come to that, is always online; the very place you need the manual to get you to?

quiltfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad manual for iOS5

Try the free iPad User Manual for iOS5 (or the earlier version of the operating system, if that's what you have). It's written with the non-technical person in mind. It's in the iBooks store. iOS5 is available right now - but be sure you've upgraded your PC or Mac to the latest version of iTunes.

Tim

The exact title to search in iBooks is iPad User Guide For iOS5
I imagine it's the same for iPhone User Guide For iOS5

aVPdBhg84@

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The user guide for the iPad1 for IOS 5 is shown in 'Support' on the Apple site, (not enough posts for links), but unfortunately it's actually the earlier one for IOS 4.3.

They changed the name of the link but not its content! :mad:

jwilli4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please see a review in the Apple section of TheNextWeb.com called A complete guide to Apple's iOS 5 with iCloud....

It is an article (70 pages to print) by Matthew Panzarino dated 10-12-2011

jwilli4

aVPdBhg84@

iPF Noob
Reaction score
aVPdBhg84@ said:
The user guide for the iPad1 for IOS 5 is shown in 'Support' on the Apple site, (not enough posts for links), but unfortunately it's actually the earlier one for IOS 4.3.

They changed the name of the link but not its content! :mad:

Just checked and the correct IOS5 version is now up.

Most reactions