What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5 Is Finally Here!

Ingliside

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BE WARNED !!! Took me 3 hours !!! Lost a whole batch of apps which I had purchased on the iPad. Recovered them from app store but all data lost for Goodreader, iAnnotate and Numbers. Is there any way to recover this data ???

Sent from my iPad using iPF

HannahRose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
I think it's luck of the draw. I'm not getting any success stories yet?

I downloaded in the middle of the night and had no problems took about 2 hours for the entire process. Now, I just have to learn how to use all the new features.

white iPad2 64GB 3G AT&T using iPF

APorter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also started the dwnload last night around 11:00. It said it would take 4-5 hours and this morning everything worked.

xvalx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I finally managed to update iPod this morning after many tries once finished all my apps have gone any one know how to get them back I didn't have that problem with ipad2

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Hello gopack. Still haven't got my iPad back. I fell asleep last night and of course it was waiting for me to wake it up again so now it's restoring apps. Hmmm. I started at 6pm yesterday and it's now 6.30am. Need I say more!!!
Ugh!!

hetty said:
Once it's downloaded, is iOS5 running well? Do you likely?
Yes! Very smooth.. Though I still don't know all of the changes!

charm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only took 3 hours. 1 hour to download and 2hours of getting 3 different error messages until it blew up the iPad
. Thanks to the forum members who warned to do a brand new sync and backup before downloading ver 5
After hitting restore al looks good except it will not load iCloud or let me set up an account

Guess I will try later

leemstaniforth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried all last night.. No joy. Did it when
N I got home when USA was asleep and hey presto!.. Only issue now is that I keep getting a message about cannot use I cloud.. However , I take a pic on iPad and it appears on iPhone .... Happy days

lizliew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah! LOVE it! got mine up and running for about eight hours now and am still discovering new features! Like Steve Jobs said, the ipad has indeed become "even harder to put down!". I love the split keyboard, the improvements on the camera and I am sure I will find myself relying more and more on the reminder! what's YOUR favourite new feature?

bookdoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ruthie said:
Mine downloaded for 45 mins then popped up with an error message and said to check my network. Now what?

My download worked ok though instructions would have been helpful rather than playing around with iTunes. Some of the features are impressive like find my iPad.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I couldn't access my apps but if you right click on device name on the left. You can synch your device with apps, music etc... For goodness sake make sure it doesn't synch whole iTunes like mine did. Untick automatic new apps button and any others. Once you are happy , tick the synch on ickoud and you are good to go.

Lovemyipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like I should of did my iPad first for quicker turn around and then my iPhone after reading the threads.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
.well I'm happy to say that my iPhone 4 was a lot quicker than my iPad. It's just updating all the media now. I've been playing but I can't remember all the different things that are new now. Must be getting old

Demesmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you delete photos from an ipad2 if it was streamed to you.

How can I delete all the pictures that I streamed to myself as I tested out the photo streaming from my iPhone to my iPad2

hetty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demesmith said:
How can I delete all the pictures that I streamed to myself as I tested out the photo streaming from my iPhone to my iPad2

I was really hoping that this would be possible with the OS5 upgrade but if it is, I haven't figured it out.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can reset photo stream on the website and delete everything in the current stream

Most reactions

Latest posts