What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5 Is Finally Here!

iPad765

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GoPackGo said:
It didn't get stuck that third time, it just took awhile. :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Sorry for being a pest but did you re download the iOS again or just cancelled the back up again and went to the upgrade option? And that too 3 times?

PatS

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Got it, MY iPad 2 now has IOS5. It took several tries and error messages, but finally downloaded and installed

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finally got it to upgrade to iOS5, took a couple of tries, but good to go now. Have no idea what all the updates where, but should be fun learning about as people post up!

jweakley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help! I upgraded to iOS5, and I turned on the cloud. How do I turn it off?

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry for being a pest but did you re download the iOS again or just cancelled the back up again and went to the upgrade option? And that too 3 times?
Not being a pest at all!

1. Attempt #1 - failed about 45 minutes in; connection time out
2. Closed and restarted iTunes
3. Attempt #2 - failed about 30 minutes in; same error
3. Restarted computer, plugged iPad into different USB port
4. Attempt #3 - worked with no errors :D

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my PC I can't edit my posts for some reason... but yes, with each attempt, I had to start the download over.

WayneF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess I really lucked out because mine loaded without any error message at all.
The only poblem was I had to re-load a couple apps and books, but other than that, smooth sailing.
The whole process took just over 30 minutes.
Now I have to figure out the changes and how to use them.

Ruki_Uki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having troubles, tried fir hours with both my iPad 2 and iPod touch 3rd gen. All get the 3194 error. I updated iTunes, restarted, shut down, repeated, unisalled iTunes, reinstalled iTunes, and still get the same error. The guy t my local apple store said it's just the servers over loaded, but that's not what that error means according to apples help site. Any suggestions?

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wanna know how to wirelessly sync via iTunes. Loving the new notifications by the way.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello gopack. Still haven't got my iPad back. I fell asleep last night and of course it was waiting for me to wake it up again so now it's restoring apps. Hmmm. I started at 6pm yesterday and it's now 6.30am. Need I say more!!!

spgary

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I always download the ipsw file beforehand and restore it manually to avoid error during updates. it works without any problems every time. downloaded the 733 mb file which took about 45 minutes and update another 10 minutes. now enjoying the ios 5 experience.

hetty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once it's downloaded, is iOS5 running well? Do you likely?

henkle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had the same problem ......taking a long time to download and then stopping with an error message 9006 .Anyone know what that means and what can be done ????

TheDefiler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why didn't you guys make it easy on yourselves and download the iOS 5 GM? I downloaded it 2 days before official release and it worked great. Not to mention that I avoided the hassles of downloading and installing on release day.

Most reactions