What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5 Is Finally Here!

rubarb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still haven't been able to complete the update, but I figured out it was one app holding me up from updating my apps. I deleted iMovie and all the other updates worked fine for me. Now if I can only get the iOS 5 update to go through I'd be good...

rolandbutter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Took ten tries getting the 3200error message before it finall went through ok.

Try to be patient guys.

tawcat

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well this sucks. I have a new iMac, so disk space should not be a problem. I shut off the firewall. Still getting the stupid cannot restore error message. Yes I am frustrated, sorry, but it shouldn't be this hard to accomplish this.

adavis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have 2 iPads on different accounts and update worked fine on both. First one took 2 hrs. And the second about 30 min less. No errors at all.

awes0me1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's great but why have they not allowed multi gestures for us iPad 1 users??? Disappointed :((

SleepMaster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm going to wait a few days before updating. This sounds like a nightmare. And then do it at 4am American time.

MadChef

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It took me many tries to download. I got all different kinds of error codes. I finally got it installed and now I 'm having a few apps crashing. I've done multiple reboots. I'm going to start deleting and downloading them again to see if that helps. I see as I read many are having some of the same problems, I'm not thrilled about all the problems so far.

☮ ♥ 

emilysmom03

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MadChef said:
It took me many tries to download. I got all different kinds of error codes. I finally got it installed and now I 'm having a few apps crashing. I've done multiple reboots. I'm going to start deleting and downloading them again to see if that helps. I see as I read many are having some of the same problems, I'm not thrilled about all the problems so far.

☮ ♥ 

I've only had a couple apps not open or crash when they do. I just deleted and then re installed. Works fine now. Given The excitement and anticipation regarding iOS 5 some glitches are to be expected.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

tawcat

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well finally!!! Woo hoo! Now to figure it all out before I upgrade the wife's iPad.

Thanks for all support. I started the process at 1:30pm CST, here it is 8:00pm and finally got it upgraded.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Two favorite things so far: iMessage and the Notification Bar and the new notifications on the home screen.

iPad765

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GoPackGo said:
Two favorite things so far: iMessage and the Notification Bar and the new notifications on the home screen.

How did you manage to get off the stuck backup process?

Most reactions