What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5 Is Finally Here!

Rhein

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Rhein-sounds like you had quite the work to do just getting the update. I think I would have been less ambitious and would have waited a while before attempting to do what you did. I realize that was one of the options to do, but I think I would have been too nervous that I would of done something wrong!

Wa haha! Yes, desperate does not describe my excitement for ios 5... At the time, I wanted to upgrade so badly i had little choice if I wanted to avoid going insane!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

manuelin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Manuelin, if you like your iPad jail-broken, stick to 4.3.4, there is no proper solution to jailbreak iOS 5 or even 4.3.5 for that matter? If you are desperate to upgrade, I'd download the Ispw from Apple and do a manual update... You will lose EVERYTHING, including your contacts this route though hey... Back your device up first then you are all good... Hmm, I must be honest, I also lost stored passwords, so make sure you know them all too ;-)

Rhein many thanks for the advice. I will take it into consideration. But do you have an explanation why iTunes does not prompt for the update when I connect the iPad?

Rhein

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Under settings in iTunes there is an option to automatically sync and update, but your problem sounds weird since we all know there is an update beyond what iTunes seems to be offering you?? I think you found a glitch in the system bud.

The thing is that it's all so automated with Apple that there really isn't much more expected from a user than plugging your device into a computer and perhaps clicking apply once or twice. So the problem is that there really isn't anything you can do other than perhaps trying a new installation of iTunes?

My advice, do a manual update and see if moving forward the system will automate things for you as it does with the rest of us :)

Sorry to not be any more help...

jweakley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently updated to iOS5. This update seems to be quite a bit slower when it comes to opening apps. I have iPad version 1 32G w/wifi. Perhaps I need to change a setting?

asitejust4u

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I updated and I am fuming!! I had most of my apps disappear and then had to redownload them only to go through hundreds of apps bought and free and junked apps to then have to sort into folders this has been months of daily usage now converted into a time wasting cleanup exercise thanks to the upgrade grrrrrr!!!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oops! I had the same thing but twice over. I tried going bak to original backup only for it to sync all apps again. Oh, well, luckily we only have this once every so often. Look at the bright side, look forward and forget all the bad. Works for me. There is always someone worse off than you.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I already had updated iTunes to 10.5 ... I am using a Mi-Fi wireless router from Version ... slow ... took hours to complete ... but the restore went smoothly. And without a hitch, I now am using iOS5 ... fast ... liking the new features a lot.

Just an aside ... I also finally downloaded Lion to my Mac Mini ... took about 14 hours via Verizon ... but again no problems with restore (that many seem to be having). Apple did their install homework (at least for me) ... are we having fun yet?

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My only thought is Jailbreaking is risky. You take your chances. If you leave it the Apple way ... no problems. You're on your own as all jailbreakers seem to be. Have fun playing around. Are we having fun yet?

Tyson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have noticed that on my iPad some of the music will not play after updating to IOS5.

mmclarke78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help.

My wife uploaded the new IO5 software on herIPad and it shows a different format for the passcode. Does it automatically change the passcode? appreciate any help.

reggied

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm getting the same: check network settings, try later. 5 attempts a.m. 23 Oct.

Rockbottom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
reggied said:
I'm getting the same: check network settings, try later. 5 attempts a.m. 23 Oct.

Strange though as I succeeded on the 1st attempt. The password I needed to change is the iPad password, not the iTunes password.

Sent from my iPad2 3G 32 gig (not JB'ed) / using iPF

06Honda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With all the talk and ads about IOS5 allowing you to be PC free, I upgraded. Only problem I still have to go to ITUNES to download any apps over 20mb- (pc free) not what I was expecting as this is the main reason I upgraded.

Most reactions

Latest posts