What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ios 5 Email & Notes wont turn on..HELP PLEASE

Lanas19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since the update everything works fine. I was able to get all my apps. back etc. I can't turn on email or notes. I go into setting it shows my apple ID which is correct. I go into iCloud everything is turn on except for my Email & Notes. When I hit the ON button on email . A screen appears turn on mail,create a free @me.com email acct. I hit Create, the next screen appears to let me create the acct. I enter my APPLE ID, hit next, the next screen confirm Email address, I check the address and hit done. Then THIS MESSAGE ALWAYS COMES UP. "PROBLEM TURNING ON MAIL- There was a problem turning on your email, try again. I hit ok. Same thing happens. This issue has been since I updated the first day. I have tried everything. I make sure my location is on in setting. I have everything else when I go into iCloud setting everything is turned on except EMAIL & NOTES. I just do t know what to do anymore, it's driving me crazy...ANY ONE HAVE SOME ANSWERS....THANKS

Sent from my iPad using iPF ***Lana***

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had a similar problem that I worked out by resetting (erase all content/data). Then I set up the iPad like it was brand new (not as a back up from iTunes or iCloud). I used my me.com address to set up iCloud and then signed into the iTunes store using my apple ID (which is a different email address) If you do this, I would advice getting a second opinion first and checking on what this might mean for your calendar and contacts.

OP
Lanas19

Lanas19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought about that,I know I can get my Apps back and most of my info bc I have a iPhone also...Just don't want to go through that whole long process of setting up the iPad as I have it now. It takes soooo much time and I would have to write down everything that's on here before I let it all go...u know what I mean....Im at the point if it doesn't want to back up my mail & notes I'm about to just forget about it.Its not that important. I have already wasted to much time...BTW as I'm typing I realize that wouldnt work because it's the same thing on my iPhone. I'm pretty good with Computers...I guess that's why I'm going crazy bc I have tried everything and have been on Apples site and every other blog. Thanks for your reply...Lana

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lanas19 said:
I thought about that,I know I can get my Apps back and most of my info bc I have a iPhone also...Just don't want to go through that whole long process of setting up the iPad as I have it now. It takes soooo much time and I would have to write down everything that's on here before I let it all go...u know what I mean....Im at the point if it doesn't want to back up my mail & notes I'm about to just forget about it.Its not that important. I have already wasted to much time...BTW as I'm typing I realize that wouldnt work because it's the same thing on my iPhone. I'm pretty good with Computers...I guess that's why I'm going crazy bc I have tried everything and have been on Apples site and every other blog. Thanks for your reply...Lana

Yeah I know what you mean about the time to get it exactly the way you want. For something that's so intuitive in other ways the set up can be a nightmare. Hope something comes to you after while.

OP
Lanas19

Lanas19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just cant believe that OUT OF ALL THE PPL ON HERE, NO ONE HAS THE ANSWER. Not online, not on Apples website. It can't b that it just happened to the two of us...I've had all the iPhones as they came out, iPod & iPad. We are the ones that keep Apple alive, and yet no one has the answer.

Sent from my iPad using iPF ***Lana***

Elsiehulda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dit kan het nieuwe besturingssysteem lijn te zijn, kan het nieuwe ontwerp met iPhone OS van Apple reünie en Mac OS X beleid, regelgeving, recht worden ontleend aan de laatste, alleen de betrokken ontwikkeling (de eerste preview tonen alles over SlideToMac), maakte duidelijk dat de verschillende pictogrammen gestroomlijnde grafische interface en de sneeuwluipaard.

Most reactions

Latest posts