What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5 download difficulties - Kaspersky Anti-Virus

itguy4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If anyone is having difficulty with the OS5 download and uses Kaspersky anti-virus, be sure to disable it. I struggled for days and was getting a message that the "network connection" timed out immediately after the download completed. I finally tried it with an ethernet connetion to my modem and I got the same message. After talking to Apple on the phone and trying several things, I ended up getting a different error code at the same time that referenced a code that the Apple Tech diagnosed as interference from the antivirus. I then disabled that and the download process was flawless.

Mahmud57

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. But I did not face any problem with Kaspersky 2011 installed in XP.

ravenitalia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I echo that of Tim Spracklen above. For the life of me I couldn't figure out why Itunes would give me the same error, I tried so many times!.. Then I disabled my Kapersky antivirus and tried again, and wouldn't you know it-it completed and installed the updated operating system with absolutely no problems... Oh, and I am using Windows 7-if that makes a difference. :) Thanks again!

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I echo that of Tim Spracklen above. For the life of me I couldn't figure out why Itunes would give me the same error, I tried so many times!.. Then I disabled my Kapersky antivirus and tried again, and wouldn't you know it-it completed and installed the updated operating system with absolutely no problems... Oh, and I am using Windows 7-if that makes a difference. :) Thanks again!
Indeed. Just one of the tips in our iOS Upgrade Troubleshooting Thread...

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/49411-ios-5-5-0-1-upgrade-troubleshooting.html

Welcome to the forum BTW!

Most reactions

Latest posts