What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5 Beta Thoughts

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KaiHD said:
(really long so I trimmed your post)

You are making me laugh! Mentally retarted browser. (iPad says I am misspelling retarted but I tap on it and the two options are retorted and restarted, so more than safari is retarted) that's a first. :D

I am 15 btw.

Syncing does take WAY too long. I will watch an hour long tv show and it still won't be done. :)

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
darthluke12694 said:
Did anyone have any trouble restoring their iPad after ios 5 was installed. It told me that my backup file was corrupt or not compatible.

I did. Just because you are trying to restore the 4.3.3 iPad to a 5.0 backup.

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
darthluke12694 said:
Yes but I would at least think it would restore my pictures, etc and any saved stuff in apps.

There is two steps to the restore though. The initial restore, which installs stuff like mail accounts and other settings like wifi networks. The second step is transferring apps and music and stuff. Since different softwares have different features, newer backups aren't compatible with older softwares. Therefore, iTunes gets weird and wont let you.

Yet another reason why nobody likes iTunes. :)

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just returning the favor- Even if it's not that long. ;)

Haha, yeah. Looks like the internal spell-check is retarded too- If it wasn't obvious from the huge amount of funny auto-corrects posted online. And yes, I did laugh at the fact that you trimmed my post.

OMG, you're totally younger than me! :O I'm 17 (going on 18), and you're already like ahead of me in ranking! :O ...On second thought, I may be dramatizing- I only joined this year as whereas you joined last year. :)

Also, how's Raleigh, North Carolina? (NC is North Carolina, right?) It's always a sunny and wet (well right now it's mostly cloudy) 32°C here, that's around 90°F BTW.

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
graywolf said:
There is two steps to the restore though. The initial restore, which installs stuff like mail accounts and other settings like wifi networks. The second step is transferring apps and music and stuff. Since different softwares have different features, newer backups aren't compatible with older softwares. Therefore, iTunes gets weird and wont let you.

Yet another reason why nobody likes iTunes. :)

Ok I understand. Thanks for the explanation! I sure hope Apple fixes this.....

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Regarding the confirmation that the photo app works as I heard, does it work just like the photoalbums+ tweak or better? Moving albums around, renaming them, albums within albums are some features missing from that tweak that I'd hoped to see.

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KaiHD said:
Haha, yeah. Looks like the internal spell-check is retarded too- If it wasn't obvious from the huge amount of funny auto-corrects posted online. And yes, I did laugh at the fact that you trimmed my post.

OMG, you're totally younger than me! :O I'm 17 (going on 18), and you're already like ahead of me in ranking! :O ...On second thought, I may be dramatizing- I only joined this year as whereas you joined last year. :)

Also, how's Raleigh, North Carolina? (NC is North Carolina, right?) It's always a sunny and wet (well right now it's mostly cloudy) 32°C here, that's around 90°F BTW.

All I can say is it is TOO HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!
93 everyday is too hot. :)
And I do blow a lot of people away that I am 15 and I am an iPad master.

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Munky said:
Regarding the confirmation that the photo app works as I heard, does it work just like the photoalbums+ tweak or better? Moving albums around, renaming them, albums within albums are some features missing from that tweak that I'd hoped to see.

I didn't play around much with it so idk. :)

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm getting my iPad 2 soon. I don't really mind stock iOS (Hey, I dealt with it for almost 2 years!) so should I install iOS 5 beta or leave it on 4.3.3 when I get it. I know a developer as I can ask for help, plus I'm willing to test the features.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
graywolf said:
And I do blow a lot of people away that I am 15 and I am an iPad master.

You are only 15! Add me to the list of those that are blown away... ;)

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KaiHD said:
I'm getting my iPad 2 soon. I don't really mind stock iOS (Hey, I dealt with it for almost 2 years!) so should I install iOS 5 beta or leave it on 4.3.3 when I get it. I know a developer as I can ask for help, plus I'm willing to test the features.

Well... There is no jailbreak for iPad 2 so I would go to iOS 5 since there is nothing better about 4.3.3.

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
info said:
You are only 15! Add me to the list of those that are blown away... ;)

I will. :)
I have always been told I am beyond the expected level of maturity and intelligence for my age.

mbern1008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've across 4 games now that do not seem to be working in IOS 5

Slice HD :( Sad cause it's my favorite game to play as a group
Dead space
Tiger woods 12
UNO hd

Most reactions