What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5 Beta Thoughts

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iKIKO said:
thats weird that facetime works with you. also i noticed that with some webpages when loading safari closes up....

its stable, but not that stable...maybe ill go down to 4.3.3 and wait for the beta 2 comes out :p

What issues are you having? I've not come across many...some apps just crash when I load them but I don't really use them that much. Safari seems a bit quicker, especially with tabbed browsing - no more page reloads!

iPad2 owner - any questions or problems...just ask.

iKIKO

iPF Noob
Reaction score
what i found so far...

bluetooth iphone-ipad doesnt work, for me at least...only through wifi thetering

facetime doesnt work either..

safari closes when loading some web sites...and like you said safari seems a little bit faster...

i tryed some apps and none has crashed so far...

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iKIKO said:
what i found so far...

bluetooth iphone-ipad doesnt work, for me at least...only through wifi thetering

safari closes when loading some web sites...and like you said safari seems a little bit faster...

iTranslate app crashes for me.

Not had the safari problem yet.

Battery life seems good...been using it for a good 20 mins and have only lost about 2%

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KaiHD said:
Hey, what happens when you click 'Buy More Storage'? Also, which is the majority for beta iOS 5: "Things that work" or "Things that DON'T work"? Plus, has the iPad's screen always been that beautiful? :)

Nobody knows. Apple hasn't turned on cloud yet.

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
darthluke12694 said:
The only thing wrong that I have noticed are the multi touch gestures. Also there is a bug with the mail app. When you touch reload (the little loopy arrow at the bottom) it doesn't re load.

Yep. Gestures don't work.

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
extendedforecast said:
Ha. The iPad 2 belongs to the hubby. But he's not so tech saavy so I have to sync for him (although every time I touch it he starts yelling that "Im gonna messit up!") I explained what iOS 5 will do for him and he's super excited to synce from the cloud. I will have to keep that file system nice and organized for him. For my stuff though I pretty much use Xoom. :) I actually switched to Android because I hated iTunes that much.
Sent from my Android 3.1 Motorola Xoom Tablet!

Hate iTunes. Don't we all? :D

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iKIKO said:
its stable, but not that stable...maybe ill go down to 4.3.3 and wait for the beta 2 comes out :p

I downgraded. Got tired of no jailbreak.
My pulse stopped after 48 hours of a stock iPad.
Stock iOS is SOOOO boring.

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gunny008 said:
What issues are you having? I've not come across many...some apps just crash when I load them but I don't really use them that much. Safari seems a bit quicker, especially with tabbed browsing - no more page reloads!

I have had a lot of crashes.
Tabs are awesome though. Maybe now we can call it an actual browser. What browser doesn't have tabs? Oh I forgot. Safari does. :)

Reaction score
iKIKO said:

Il

Now now. we'll have none of that kind of talk here j/k.
There only 2 things in this life I hate. ITunes and I don't remember the other because iTunes is so number 1

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@Graywolf, I have so many things to comment, I don't know where to start, LOL. :p Okay, how about this:

Hate iTunes. Don't we all? :D

The only thing I hate about iTunes is how much it sucks on Windows. Other than that, I breathed it- Kept managing my old iPhone simple and easy. Although, there is something to be said on the sync speeds. I had enough time for 1 TV show on iTunes, LOL.

I downgraded. Got tired of no jailbreak.
My pulse stopped after 48 hours of a stock iPad.

Really? I mean, really?... When I bought my iPhone it was jailbroken, but it was too cluttered and hectic for me; so I reverted to stock. Ever since then, I religiously updated my iPhone- Even synced like every 20 minutes, LOL. I ran stock iOS for 95% of the time that I had my iPhone- Not sure if you can survive that, @graywolf. ;)

I have had a lot of crashes. Tabs are awesome though. Maybe now we can call it an actual browser. What browser doesn't have tabs? Oh I forgot. Safari does. :)

Crashes... Eh, I expected it from a Beta 1 release. And yes, from what I saw, tabbed browsing is awesome. (Obviously, since we've all been using it on other browsers, LOL. :D) Well, I already considered iOS Safari to be a browser- Just a little mentally-retarded, if you will. XD Also, Safari technically does have tabs- since there is a release of it. Beta, yes, but still. Haha, I just love arguing with you about this. :);):D

PS. What's your age, if you don't mind me asking? ;P

PPS. @Mountainbikermark, not fair! :( I was supposed to respond first, haha.
End rant/response, LOL. :p

Last edited:

mbern1008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iKIKO said:
what i found so far...

I had a problem with FaceTime too. I went back to 4.3.3 logged out of FaceTime. Reupgraded to 5 then everything was working after the restore

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Did anyone have any trouble restoring their iPad after ios 5 was installed. It told me that my backup file was corrupt or not compatible.

mbern1008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
darthluke12694 said:
Did anyone have any trouble restoring their iPad after ios 5 was installed. It told me that my backup file was corrupt or not compatible.

No problem here

Most reactions

Latest posts